Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The MOD54 Mk27 Trailer.

Re: The MOD54 Mk27 Trailer.

I ordered one today. The taco method with hairbands in a Patterson screwed up on me one too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by tigger_six View Post
    How does the central column differ? Can I modify mine somehow to reduce unevent development around the points where negatives are held?
    The only uneven development I have ever experienced with the older model was caused by a negative coming out of place and touching another one. And having the center column built in would not prevent that from happening at all.
    Zak Baker
    zakbaker.photo

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
    Ansel Adams

"The taco method with hairbands in a Patterson screwed up on me one too many times". ??????????????????????

I find it foolproof, cheap, reliable and flexible for Inversion or Stand development. I would be interested in learning of your problem.
    "...with the grandeur of true simplicity", Patrick White, "The Tree of Man".

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Evans View Post
    "The taco method with hairbands in a Patterson screwed up on me one too many times". ??????????????????????

I find it foolproof, cheap, reliable and flexible for Inversion or Stand development. I would be interested in learning of your problem.
    A couple of times a corner was bent and developed unevenly. The MOD54 seems a pretty elegant solution to prevent that kind of problem. The only downside is that the amount of chemicals will be more on a per sheet basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Guru View Post
    The only uneven development I have ever experienced with the older model was caused by a negative coming out of place and touching another one. And having the center column built in would not prevent that from happening at all.
    Well I get uneven skies and my negatives stay where they are supposed to...

Has the "teeth" that the film slide into been redesigned so they do not scratch the fu_k out of your film every time you develop? And no matter how easy and gently I agitate my sheets ALWAYS come loose and end up doing whatever they want inside my tank. Has this been fixed also?

Any plans on a 5x7 version?

Quote Originally Posted by Shootar401 View Post
    Has the "teeth" that the film slide into been redesigned so they do not scratch the fu_k out of your film every time you develop? And no matter how easy and gently I agitate my sheets ALWAYS come loose and end up doing whatever they want inside my tank. Has this been fixed also?

Any plans on a 5x7 version?
    Some of the coming loose has to do with the type of film you are developing. Some some of sheet film are thinner and I have found that those are the ones that come out the most.
    Zak Baker
    zakbaker.photo

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
    Ansel Adams

Some of the coming loose has to do with the type of film you are developing. Some some of sheet film are thinner and I have found that those are the ones that come out the most.
    That makes sense, I have no problems with FP4+ and HP5+ and the base on those is pretty thick and stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by tigger_six View Post
    That makes sense, I have no problems with FP4+ and HP5+ and the base on those is pretty thick and stiff.
    Yea the thick stuff is fine in the holder. But he thin stuff like the infra red film I sometimes use is way to thin to work in the mod54.
    Zak Baker
    zakbaker.photo

Ansel Adams

Yea the thick stuff is fine in the holder. But he thin stuff like the infra red film I sometimes use is way to thin to work in the mod54.
    I have no issues with Arista B/W or TMax, but EPR and other Kodak E6 is always a PITA