Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where Can I get a Sinar P (older model) from?

Where Can I get a Sinar P (older model) from?

Hello

I am looking for a Sinar P preferably and older model used, and want to know if anyone has any idea where such cameras can be bought from with confidence. I have checked kEH, currently they only have a F model available. There are tons of these available on ebay, but I am not very comfortable purchasing there. Also, I would like a complete kit at least the whole camera setup minus lenses, as it would be difficult to arrange all the parts sitting in Pakistan from different vendors.

Any input from those experienced in such purchases would be appreciated.

Cheers

Raffay

Re: Where Can I get a Sinar P (older model) from?

Raffay,
    Check with Adorama in New York City. They usually have some used Sinar P's and could probably put together a package for you.
    Ric

3D-Stereo-Aeropanoramas

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Raymond View Post
    Raffay,
    Check with Adorama in New York City. They usually have some used Sinar P's and could probably put together a package for you.
    Ric
    on ebay. i have just seen some. from germany if i dont err.

I found one here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...881044789#shId but my only worry is how would you know if it is a good deal, I mean you cannot tell from these pictures, and also would not know if everything is working or not. Thats why I want to get it from a fellow member...if there is one up for sale...

Raffay, I have an older Sinar P2 (I think) that I wouldn't mind selling you, but the shipping cost to Pakistan would be absurd! Around 300 US$ !!!! It is a nice, but enormously heavy camera. I would advice you to find something lighter

Quote Originally Posted by DavyG View Post
    Raffay, I have an older Sinar P2 (I think) that I wouldn't mind selling you, but the shipping cost to Pakistan would be absurd! Around 300 US$ !!!! It is a nice, but enormously heavy camera. I would advice you to find something lighter
    How heavy to be exact? Is it possible for you to post a few pictures. If my memory serves me right, I think I have someone living in your area, if that's the case then I can maybe ask them to pick it up.

Cheers
    Raffay

That's what makes me a little scared shopping on eBay, I mean I emailed the guy in Germany for the Sinar P and he emailed me back saying that he would ship to Pakistan and that shipping would be 57 euros and that I should pay through western union, not secure at all, and how come he can ship from Germany in half the price of what DavyG has suggested from Scandinavia...unless I am missing something.

I don't mind paying more as long as I know that I will have a camera at the end of the day 😄

Cheers

Raffay

It is very heavy. I don't know how heavy exactly, but I have trouble lifting it's case alone, and I'm fairly strong. Maybe 20 - 25 kg? I'll send you some pictures as soon as I Get the chance.

Or maybe I'm weaker than I'd like to think and it's really more like 15 kg I guess I'll have to put on a scale before I can tell for sure

Widows and Orphans Beware

Raffay, the seller wants payment through Western Union because he does not want Pay Pal reversing the charges on him. Many if most sellers would outright refuse to sell to a buyer in Pakistan because, sadly, the region has a rather unsavory reputation.

I don't see any reason to distrust the seller, but of course I have no way of knowing.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Raffay View Post
    That's what makes me a little scared shopping on eBay, I mean I emailed the guy in Germany for the Sinar P and he emailed me back saying that he would ship to Pakistan and that shipping would be 57 euros and that I should pay through western union, not secure at all, and how come he can ship from Germany in half the price of what DavyG has suggested from Scandinavia...unless I am missing something.

I don't mind paying more as long as I know that I will have a camera at the end of the day ��

Cheers

Raffay

From http://www.sinar.ch/en/category/products/cameras/p2/

Technical Data
    Sinar p2 4×5″

Item number: 491.76.000
    Camera format: 4×5″
    Convertable to: 5×7″, 8×10″ and Sinar p3
    Adjustment ranges:
    Vertical shifts: -4cm to +4cm
    Horizontal shifts: Left 3cm to Right 5cm
    Coarse tilt: ±45°
    Fine tilt: ±19°
    Swing: ±50°
    Fine focus: 5 cm
    Bellows extensions with Multipurpose Bellows: 4 bis 45 cm
    Weight: 5.9 kg

5.9 kg = 13 pounds

I am not a big strong fellow, and I'm in my late 50's, but I often carry mine around, short distances from the car. Here's a Sinar P out in the field, with a 5x7 back (which makes it heavier than 5.9 kg). Whatever the back, the Sinar P can be carried in an affordable canvas bag (left). Just place the camera pointing down into the bag, and place the rail through the straps of the bag. It's not fancy (and it doesn't say Nikon or Canon in big letters) but it works.

Raffay, you may want to get an extension rail if you plan to use longer lenses or focus closely. Rails come in a variety of lengths, and in 2 kinds, with either red or black tips. You'll notice that the camera in the photo has a rail with a red tip: this allows the addition of another rail, which is carried in the blue beverage-cooler bag. (Red rails can be joined ad infinitum, and black rails are end-pieces if I'm not mistaken. They are like cars on a train: some are designed to couple to others, while some are designed to be on the ends).