Thread: Do you know if R.D. Gray made his E.W.A. Periscope larger then size #9 12.5"fl ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    loujon

Do you know if R.D. Gray made his E.W.A. Periscope larger then size #9 12.5"fl ?

I have found adds supporting up to size #9 12.6 fl covering 25x30 and the #8 10"fl covering 20x24 but those are the two longest I can find. I ask because I found a really nice and complete #8 and was under the impression it was the second to longest made. I added a group photo of Extreme Aangle Periscopes from R-L size 8,5,4.

Here's something I found pretty interesting. If you look at the last attachment which came from a book on optics from Google books(I forget which book but I think the author was Hans Hartings ) . This bit of writing (if true) is a rather important fact in the history of optics and it seems to have been over looked . Well maybe not all that important.

Hey Garrett I asked this question directly to you in this post http://www.largeformatphotography.in...rcle-of-52inch where you stated a size #10 exists but I can't find anything in print to support this size. Can you link me to the info or post it as attachment? I appreciate it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_2442.jpg   DSC_2444.jpg   R D Grey WA Periscope add 4.jpg   R.D. Gray Exytreme Periscope. Artical on 1st to use Jena glass.PNG