Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kodak 100mm Wide Field Ektar Adapter Ring

Muttley

Kodak 100mm Wide Field Ektar Adapter Ring

Can anyone tell me what size or # the adapter ring is that was used for this lens? All my data says is that it is 'special" and that is shipped with the lens.

Thanks,

Re: Kodak 100mm Wide Field Ektar Adapter Ring

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Coy View Post
    Can anyone tell me what size or # the adapter ring is that was used for this lens? All my data says is that it is 'special" and that is shipped with the lens.

Thanks,
    Do you mean the filter ring or the retaining ring ?

Muttley

Quote Originally Posted by MrFujicaman View Post
    Do you mean the filter ring or the retaining ring ?
    The filter ring, yes. It screws into the lens.

According to an old thread on here 39.5mm.

Someone said that they screwed a 39mm to 49mm adapter into it and it worked but don't screw it in too tight or you may have trouble removing it.

Well, I'm far from any documentation, but that lens was meant for un-threaded 'Series' filters and should take a 'Series 6' retaining ring. My 135mm WF Ektar takes a 'Series 7' ring, or did before I found a series 7-52mm adapter ring and went modern with my filters and caps.

That's interesting, Mark. My 14" Commercial Ektar has filter threads but I know the 12" Commercial Ektar does not.

Does your lens have filter threads, Paul?

loujon

You should be able to find the answer you seek here.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kodak Wide Field Ektar filter specs.jpg  

The 100mm WF Ektar was designed for a "special" adapter ring that adapted it to Series VI. One of these came with my WF Ektar 100m when I bought it.

For quite a while I used this Series VI adapter ring with another stepping ring to adapt regular filters to my 100mm WF. This, however, was unwieldy and long enough to vignette when using the lens to the edge of the coverage.

Then, I found out by accident that a regular 55 filter screws into the front threads on my WF 100mm just fine. Just don't wrench the filter down too tight since the threads don't match exactly. They are, however way close enough to make this a viable and usable option. This makes things a bunch easier.

Since I have standardized on 52mm filters, I now have a 55-52mm step-down ring that simply lives on my WF 100mm and use 52mm filters on it mostly. This works just fine if I'm not stretching the coverage. If I'm worried about vignetting, I'll use a 55-67 step-up ring and my 67mm filters.

If you have 55mm filters, you are all set. If not, just get the appropriate stepping ring up to the size you use (and, 52mm will work well in all but the most extreme situations).

I love my little WF Ektars in both 100mm and 135mm versions.

Best,

Doremus

I have a Kodak Series VI push on adapter ring maked 1 and 21/32 // 42mm that I think I recall pushing on the outside rim of the lens and fitting perfectly on my 100 wf ektar and a different one I used on my 203mm. I no longer have the 100mm lens so I can't check it, but you can measure the outside diameter of the front lens cell to see if it is 42mm. These come up on ebay from time to time and can usually be purchased for about 10 dollars or less. I don't think my 100mm wf Ektar had threads inside the front rim, maybe I'm not remembering that right. I rigged up a step up ring that I pushed on to the outside of the push on adapter using tape that worked fine and didn't vignette. You could do the same without the series VI adapter possibly but you would risk getting tape residue on the lens itself.