Thread: What are you cleaning scanner glass with? My 4x5 scans are getting marks

Red face What are you cleaning scanner glass with? My 4x5 scans are getting marks

I can see some "artifacts" on the glass of the Epson 4990, been using it for years, but stored it for this past year. I see some "marks" on the scanner lid, what do you folks use to thoroughly clean the glass with. I used glass cleaner but the marks are not completely gone. Suggest something stronger?

Re: What are you cleaning scanner glass with? My 4x5 scans are getting marks

Fuji recommended Zeiss lens cleaner when I purchased my Lanovia Quattro. The platen glass was optically coated like a lens and replacing it cost $1200. Over the years of owning it it was never an issue to keep clean with this fluid and photo wipes or soft cotton cloth laundered in mild detergent and air dried.

I use 1/3 Isopropyl Alcohol, 2/3 Distilled water and one very very small drop of wetting agent. Filter into a small spray bottle. Use sparingly with a well washed microfibre cloth.

Works for me - also cleans spectacles and old non coated lenses - Probably shouldn't use on your newer coated lenses.

nn

I use Windex, works great.