PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Process Call for Artists

Thom Bennett
11-Feb-2013, 07:51
http://www.neworleansphotoalliance.org/event.php?id=138

Juried by Christopher James!

Andrew O'Neill
11-Feb-2013, 12:27
Thanks. I tried submitting images, but the pay now button doesn't work... I sent an email asking them to look into it.

Thom Bennett
11-Feb-2013, 15:45
Andrew, I'll check into it on this end as well. Tomorrow is Mardi Gras so it may not get addressed until later in the week! :)

Andrew O'Neill
11-Feb-2013, 17:11
Mardi Gras... wish I could go. Thank you!

Andrew O'Neill
12-Feb-2013, 08:43
Thom, no need to check into it. It's working now. Thank you.

hendrik faure
13-Feb-2013, 08:48
http://www.neworleansphotoalliance.org/event.php?id=138

Juried by Christopher James!
(just for fun:) this is United States only or international?
hendrik

Thom Bennett
13-Feb-2013, 09:05
Hendrik, it is open to International the only stipulation being that the artist will be responsible for shipping their work to and from the gallery. It's a great opportunity to get your work seen by the man who wrote the book on Alternative processes.

hendrik faure
13-Feb-2013, 13:55
Hendrik, it is open to International the only stipulation being that the artist will be responsible for shipping their work to and from the gallery. It's a great opportunity to get your work seen by the man who wrote the book on Alternative processes.
Thom, thank you, that exactly was my thought, even if photogravure is the only process missing in the great book
Hendrik

Thom Bennett
13-Feb-2013, 14:24
Isn't Photogravure considered an Alternative Process? Even though it isn't in the book.

Jim Graves
13-Feb-2013, 14:37
There is a complete paucity of information on the link ... or did I miss something? Is there to be a show? Will entries be judged from the digital files or will submissions be requested? etc., etc., etc.

Thom Bennett
13-Feb-2013, 15:16
At the bottom of the page is a "Click to Enter" which takes you to a sign up page for Entry Thingy. Once you set up an account (free) you will see all of the digital requirements.

Jim Graves
13-Feb-2013, 20:57
Yep, I did that ... but virtually no information except how to submit a digital print and where to send money.

Thom Bennett
14-Feb-2013, 15:31
Jim, I let the powers that be know your concerns. The Call should be adjusted soon to reflect that there will be an exhibition in the New Orleans Photo Alliance Gallery, 1111 St. Mary St. New Orleans, LA from Saturday, April 6 to Saturday, May 18.

hendrik faure
16-Feb-2013, 07:35
Isn't Photogravure considered an Alternative Process? Even though it isn't in the book.
anyway it is an old way to reproduce photographic images.

hendrik faure
20-Feb-2013, 14:55

I have submitted some gravures and, at least, they were not rejected automatically :)

Thom Bennett
21-Feb-2013, 15:52
Ten days until the deadline.

hendrik faure
23-Feb-2013, 13:59

Thom, I was too optimistic - not of general interest, I wrote you a private mail

Thom Bennett
27-Feb-2013, 07:17
Deadline is Monday, March 3.

The juror is Christopher James, author of The Book of
Alternative Photographic Processes and the Chair of the photography
program at The Art Institute of Boston at Lesley University as well as an
internationally recognized artist and photographer whose paintings and
photographs have been exhibited in galleries and museums in this country
and abroad.

photoevangelist
27-Feb-2013, 16:33
Is this an annual thing? I haven't done alternative processes in years, but it's one of those projects in the back of my head. I'd like to work towards this for next year if it is an annual event.

Thom Bennett
28-Feb-2013, 12:47
Not necessarily an annual exhibit. We try to have a wide-ranging variety of exhibitions.

Thom Bennett
1-Mar-2013, 13:29
Deadline is this Sunday, March 3 at midnight!

Bruce Schultz
3-Mar-2013, 09:33
OK I'm trying to upload images but the system is working poorly, if at all. The wheel spins and spins, but nothing seems to get through.
That's why the CAFE system is the best to use for entry processes.

tgtaylor
3-Mar-2013, 09:48
Big wheel keeps on turning
Proud Mary keeps on rolllin'...

Thom Bennett
4-Mar-2013, 08:59
Bruce, I checked and your entry is there for the juror to see. Sorry for the trouble. I'll suggest to the powers-that-be to look into the CAFE system.

Andrew O'Neill
5-Apr-2013, 08:21
Show's up! I have a piece in it. Wish I could go to the opening...

http://www.neworleansphotoalliance.org/exhibitions.php?exhID=41

Scott Walker
5-Apr-2013, 08:52
Wish I could go to the opening...

Ditto.....