PDA

View Full Version : New Microtek M2/F2 flatbed scanners

Gary Nylander
10-Feb-2013, 19:48
Hello all,

Microtek has a couple of new flatbed scanners out the ArtixScan M2/F2 series, I bought one recently and have posted a little mini review on my blog:http://garynylander.blogspot.ca/2013/02/microteks-new-artixscan-f2-scanner.html

Thanks for looking,

Gary

Walter Calahan
10-Feb-2013, 21:22
thanks for your review!

Ivan J. Eberle
13-Feb-2013, 23:18
Can you comment on how well it handles color neg?

Gary Nylander
14-Feb-2013, 00:14
Can you comment on how well it handles color neg?

Hello Ivan,

Sorry, I don't scan a lot of color negatives in large format to give you an accurate answer, I do have some 8 x 10 transparencies somewhere in my collection other than that I mostly have 35mm and 120 color negatives and I think something like the new Plustek 120 would be better suited for those kinds of film sizes. I would think that the M2/F2 should handle color negatives quite well, although it also depends on the scanning software ( and the operator ), in the case of the new Microtek F2 scanner it's SilverFast 8. Scanning color negatives has its challenges :)

Gary

tenderobject
20-Feb-2013, 20:51
nice review. although my budget range for a scanner is not more than $400. any other microtek scanner that can scan quality 4x5?
i just found the distributor of microtek and plustek here in iran. will do some research..

Gary Nylander
20-Feb-2013, 22:57
nice review. although my budget range for a scanner is not more than $400. any other microtek scanner that can scan quality 4x5?
i just found the distributor of microtek and plustek here in iran. will do some research..

Perhaps something used maybe?, I have heard many good things about the Epson 4990 scanner which you should be able to get for much less than $400.

tenderobject
26-Feb-2013, 14:26
Perhaps something used maybe?, I have heard many good things about the Epson 4990 scanner which you should be able to get for much less than $400.

Hi Gary, im not sure if i could get a hold of epson 4990 here in iran. Even in my manila i can't seem to find one anymore. Is microtek scanmaker i800 that bad scanner? That one is available in iran and the artixscan although that is kinda expensive for my budget

Gary Nylander
27-Feb-2013, 14:12
Hi Gary, im not sure if i could get a hold of epson 4990 here in iran. Even in my manila i can't seem to find one anymore. Is microtek scanmaker i800 that bad scanner? That one is available in iran and the artixscan although that is kinda expensive for my budget

I honestly couldn't give you a recommendation in regards to the Microtek i800 as I have never used it.

tenderobject
27-Feb-2013, 17:00
thanks gary. sorry :)