PDA

View Full Version : Christina Z. Anderson Gum Printing and Other Amazing Contact Printing Processes

sanking
9-Feb-2013, 14:26
I would like to call your attention to a new book by Christina Z. Anderson on alternative print making. The book is entitled Gum Printing and Other Amazing Contact Printing Processes.

Christina is a master of gum and casein printing, and an expert on many of the other alternative processes. She is also a long time friend, and completed her MFA at Clemson University with my friend and colleague Sam Wang.

The book can be purchased through Malin's alternative photography site. http://www.alternativephotography.com/wp/alt-proc/gum-printing-and-other-amazing-contact-printing-processes

You wil find images in the book by a number of the usual suspects, including yours truly Sandy King in the section on Kallitype. See also work by such well known alternative printers as Sarah Van Keuren, Sam Wang, Clay Harmon, Monty McCutcheon, Ron Reeder, Jil Enfield and Judy Seigel, to mention only a few of those whose work is featured in the book.

This is, IMHO, a really important contribution to the world of alternative print making.

Sandy

William Whitaker
9-Feb-2013, 14:35
Thanks for the heads-up Sandy.

Kerik Kouklis
10-Feb-2013, 11:24
I've been waiting by my mailbox...

mdm
10-Feb-2013, 23:23
Yes, me too, but I am a little further away, both from where it was posted and my mailbox. Looking forward to it.

MonkeyBrain
12-Feb-2013, 12:35
Anyone received a copy of this? My mailbox is also a long way from the book's point of departure, so wouldn't expect my copy to have arrived yet anyway, but would be nice to know that they're on their way out, especially as I didn't receive any kind of confirmation of my order - beyond paypal's - after ordering the book on alternativephotography

MonkeyBrain
13-Feb-2013, 10:23
ummm, forget that. My copy arrived this morning ha ha

Not had a chance to do more than just flick through, but it's a fatter volume than I expected. Looking forward to getting into it.

peter schrager
13-Feb-2013, 18:25
what if u dont do gum...are the other chapters so engaging that it negates all the other alt process books i already have....i know christinas work and it is excellant...this is not put down just a question

MonkeyBrain
17-Feb-2013, 13:23
I can't really comment (but no one else has, so I might as well ha ha) as I mostly bought the book for gum, and I've no previous experience of any of these techniques at all anyway.

I don't see why anyone would need endless books on the same techniques though. If you've already got a few then tbh I'd stick with them and just get on with making your own discoveries...

malabarman
16-Dec-2013, 18:01
I would like to call your attention to a new book by Christina Z. Anderson on alternative print making. The book is entitled Gum Printing and Other Amazing Contact Printing Processes.

Christina is a master of gum and casein printing, and an expert on many of the other alternative processes. She is also a long time friend, and completed her MFA at Clemson University with my friend and colleague Sam Wang.

The book can be purchased through Malin's alternative photography site. http://www.alternativephotography.com/wp/alt-proc/gum-printing-and-other-amazing-contact-printing-processes

You wil find images in the book by a number of the usual suspects, including yours truly Sandy King in the section on Kallitype. See also work by such well known alternative printers as Sarah Van Keuren, Sam Wang, Clay Harmon, Monty McCutcheon, Ron Reeder, Jil Enfield and Judy Seigel, to mention only a few of those whose work is featured in the book.

This is, IMHO, a really important contribution to the world of alternative print making.

Sandy