3-May-2004, 12:00
I am already set up for standard matting and framing up to 32 x 40

Any sources for extra large mats, cutters and framing supplies

Thanks

Jesse

Peter Rip
3-May-2004, 14:08
ABC Moulding, 800 621 3315, no website

Lowest cost I have seen. Will ship 32x40 by UPS, will truck 48x96. foamboard, mattes, gatorboard, acrylic, framing, etc.

Ted Harris
3-May-2004, 14:25
Some more detail on your exact requirements would be helpful. For starters Charrette, www.Charrette.com carries a good selection of mat board in sizes up to 40x60. They carry a variety of foam, gatorboard, etc. in sizes up to 48x96. Basically if any of the major suppliers manufacture it then Charrette sells it. If yu can give some more details on framing equipment and cutters we can help more.

Darin Cozine
4-May-2004, 10:55
You may want to check you local art/framing stores. University Art in Sacramento carries 30" x 40" matt board for $6.80 each. I'm not sure on the price of the larger boards, but I bet local prices will be better than anything on the net when you account for shipping charges.

jackielou16
12-Nov-2006, 23:09
I have been searching for hours trying to find a mat board and foam core that will be big enough to mount my work. I went to the wevsite below www.Charrette.com and the largest they had was 40x60. I was hoping someone knew a larger size. My image is 20x70. Thanks if anyone knows anything.

Alan Rabe
13-Nov-2006, 08:20
Jackie check your thread in resources

Bruce Watson
13-Nov-2006, 09:34
I have been searching for hours trying to find a mat board and foam core that will be big enough to mount my work. I went to the wevsite below www.Charrette.com and the largest they had was 40x60. I was hoping someone knew a larger size. My image is 20x70. Thanks if anyone knows anything.
The largest standard size in the USA is 40x60 inches. Precious little is available any bigger. For this reason I've never printed images this size on paper - only on canvas which I can mount on stretcher bars and frame like an oil painting. It wasn't what I wanted, but it works really well.

tim atherton
13-Nov-2006, 09:44
The largest standard size in the USA is 40x60 inches. Precious little is available any bigger. For this reason I've never printed images this size on paper - only on canvas which I can mount on stretcher bars and frame like an oil painting. It wasn't what I wanted, but it works really well.

I get it mounted to something like a big sheet of Dibond (I think it comes that long? if not, maybe Alcubond does)

Tony Flora
13-Nov-2006, 19:34
www.framingsupplies.com

www.pbhmoulding.com

www.americanframe.com

www.pictureframer.com

www.crescentcardboard.com

Tony Flora
13-Nov-2006, 19:39
I think I saw 48x96 at SamFlax in Atlanta the last time I was there, not sure, I usually lose my mnd when I'm there because there is so much cool stuff.

also try www.tri-dee.com

Darcy Cote
25-Nov-2006, 08:32
In North America you can get 48x96 inch mat boards but only in white and offwhite from Bainbridge through your wholesale frameshop. The rest of the world you can get 48x96 black also. If you want a black mat, you have to use a velvet mat and cut it at a diagonal but the ends together and rough over the velvet so the line disappears. Velvet mats are quite a bit more expensive but a 48x96 mat will be expensive also. I have recently looked into this as my prints are up to 30x90 inches.

Darcy