PDA

View Full Version : Shutter for Apo Lanthar 21cm

bracan
5-Feb-2013, 12:43
I scored today beautiful Apo Lanthar 210mm on Linhof board and with nasty, regarding the speeds, compound shutter.
Where can I check and clean shutter in Europe?
Does somebody know, can I change shutter for some other like Copal? If yes, which Copal???

Advance thanks

Braca

Cpt Buggernuts
5-Feb-2013, 13:35
I just asked a similar question in a new thread. Dan Fromm gave me this list (http://www.suaudeau.eu/memo/pratique/Les_obturateurs_centraux.html) which has the sizes of many shutters written down.

Hope that helps

Rado

E. von Hoegh
6-Feb-2013, 10:48
I scored today beautiful Apo Lanthar 210mm on Linhof board and with nasty, regarding the speeds, compound shutter.
Where can I check and clean shutter in Europe?
Does somebody know, can I change shutter for some other like Copal? If yes, which Copal???

Advance thanks

Braca

Your best bet is to get the Compound serviced, they're excellent shutters and usually cleaning and sealing the pneumatic cylinder is the cure for wonky speeds.

bracan
7-Feb-2013, 08:54
I agree, but dont know any service close to me in Europe:(

E. von Hoegh
7-Feb-2013, 09:19
I agree, but dont know any service close to me in Europe:(

Well, those cells won't screw into any modern shutters, neither the threads nor the spacing match. So your choice is to get the shutter you have serviced, or spend a few hundred Euros having adapters machined, plus a couple hundred Euros for the new shutter (a Copal 3 or Compur 3).

bracan
8-Feb-2013, 04:18
Will do shutter service for sure!
Thanks everybody for inputs.

premortho
15-Feb-2013, 16:06
Great shutter, well worth the effort to get it working. Most of the problems with these is years of dust and dirt gumming up the works. Be sure you don't cock the shutter unless it's on I (instant) setting. The bulb and time settings, you just squeeze the bulb, or use the release to make it work.
Will do shutter service for sure!
Thanks everybody for inputs.

bracan
16-Feb-2013, 03:06
Update!
Shutter is cleaned and work like dream!
Thanks everybody.