PDA

View Full Version : Horseman LE 4x5 compatibility

Cpt Buggernuts
1-Feb-2013, 14:19
Hi guys,
as I said in my introductory post, I've only recently started working with LF cameras as a part of my uni course. I purchased a horseman LE camera recently, which should be here by Monday. My question is: What accessories is the horseman compatible with? Let's say I'm looking for a lens board, how do I know if it will fit? Or a back? Or bellows?
I know most brands are compatible with each other, so the item might be sold as let's say compatible with Toyo, but from that I would be able to derive that it can also be used with my Horseman.
Sorry if this is too much of a beginner question, I am only now making my first steps into LF, and the internet has whizzed past this technology. Google is of little help :D

Best regards,
Rado

Joseph Dickerson
1-Feb-2013, 14:36
Rado,

You've found the place for the info you need. Search the site and you'll find everything you ever wanted to know about Horseman cameras and accessories.

The short answer is that Horseman (any of the L series) and Sinar cameras share a lot of compatibility. Lens boards, bellows, and other bits and pieces will interchange.

I currently use a Sinar F1, but my wide angle bellows, some of my lens boards, and a rotary back are all branded Horseman. Of course, roll film backs are interchangeable as both cameras will come with an international (Graflok) back.

For specific items just post your query here and you'll get lots of advice, some of it likely to be a bit cheeky, if you get my drift. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the LF community and good luck with your studies. You'll love the Horseman, if you don't have to carry it too far. Years ago I did an article on the Horseman line of cameras and was extremely impressed with every aspect of the two that I was able to borrow, an LE and an LX if memory serves.

JD

Cpt Buggernuts
1-Feb-2013, 15:18
Rado,

You've found the place for the info you need. Search the site and you'll find everything you ever wanted to know about Horseman cameras and accessories.

The short answer is that Horseman (any of the L series) and Sinar cameras share a lot of compatibility. Lens boards, bellows, and other bits and pieces will interchange.

I currently use a Sinar F1, but my wide angle bellows, some of my lens boards, and a rotary back are all branded Horseman. Of course, roll film backs are interchangeable as both cameras will come with an international (Graflok) back.

For specific items just post your query here and you'll get lots of advice, some of it likely to be a bit cheeky, if you get my drift. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the LF community and good luck with your studies. You'll love the Horseman, if you don't have to carry it too far. Years ago I did an article on the Horseman line of cameras and was extremely impressed with every aspect of the two that I was able to borrow, an LE and an LX if memory serves.

JD

Thank you for the reply Joseph, that was very informative. I'm not in the search for new bits for it right now, but it's valuable information for the future. I will be sure to post if I have any more specific questions! :)