PDA

View Full Version : Epson 3800 smearing ink???

stradibarrius
1-Feb-2013, 07:37
I have an Epson 3800 that has just started smearing the ink. It looks as though it is spraying too much ink and the print looks like a water color drawing that has got wet and begin to run. I have never had any issues with this printer before. I used it last week to run a series of vacation prints and it worked perfect.

I started to do a "power cleaning" but because it take a lot of expensive ink to do that I thought I would check with some folks smarter than me first.
Do you think it needs a "power Cleaning" or do you think it is a head alignment problem???

AJ Edmondson
1-Feb-2013, 09:37
Barry... Have you checked to see what type paper you have it set for? Ink quantity (to an extent) depends on the type of paper (matte, glossy, etc). I have to "relearn" my setup every time I change anything and as a result I don't change much!

Joel

Gem Singer
1-Feb-2013, 10:30
Hi Barry,

My Epson 3880 smears if I load the paper wrong side up.

The 3880 automatically switches from photo black ink with glossy papers to matte ink with matte papers. The 3800 doesn't do that.

Sounds like you either have a mismatch between paper and ink, or you are printing on the back side of the paper.

stradibarrius
1-Feb-2013, 11:37
Sometimes I really feel like an idiot! Wrong side of the paper was the problem.
Thanks...

Jim Jones
1-Feb-2013, 11:39
I suspect you and I aren't the only ones to do this!

ryanmills
16-Feb-2013, 20:22
I was going to say you prob have it upside down, I only know this after doing it myself lol