PDA

View Full Version : Rimset Compur B and T Not Working

henseman
31-Jan-2013, 05:10
Hi,

I have a Carl Zeiss Tessar Jena 135 mm lens in rim-set compur shutter where the B & T settings will not cock. All the other shutter settings seem fine. When I try to cock the T & B, it will only go so far before it returns, all the while sounding like its firing. Anyone know what might be the possible cause and repair?

Brian

jcoldslabs
31-Jan-2013, 07:07
On my rim-set Compur there's no need to cock the shutter for the B and T settings. Just use the shutter release lever (or cable release) to open and close the shutter.

Jonathan

henseman
2-Feb-2013, 13:20
Jonathan, thank you .......I should have checked online for the proper use of the lens. I have had it in my possession for quite some time as it came with an old Century Graphic and I never got round to using it. I'm not up on all the mechanics of using old lenses.

A friend checked it over and says he found a bent lever inside that may have prevented the shutter from cocking even when using a cable release. He's dropping it off later today and I'll let you know if he managed to fix it.

Brian

henseman
3-Feb-2013, 02:35
Hi Jonathan,

My friend found/fixed the problem and the lens now works well.

Brian

Jonathan, thank you .......I should have checked online for the proper use of the lens. I have had it in my possession for quite some time as it came with an old Century Graphic and I never got round to using it. I'm not up on all the mechanics of using old lenses.

A friend checked it over and says he found a bent lever inside that may have prevented the shutter from cocking even when using a cable release. He's dropping it off later today and I'll let you know if he managed to fix it.

Brian

jcoldslabs
3-Feb-2013, 03:30
Good to hear! Happy shooting.

Jonathan

almostpilot
8-Feb-2019, 11:46
Thank God for this thread! I just acquired a 10,5cm Tessar and I too was surprised that I could not cock the shutter for T or B.
Not having to do it is actually fantastic, much more usable than modern lenses where you do need to have the shutter in tension for T or B.
Does anyone know why they have stopped making shutters with this very useful feature?