RPHOTOGRAPHER
23-Jan-2013, 15:57
Hello,
does anyone have this processor???

Thanks
Ralph

onnect17
23-Jan-2013, 19:45
I think Ian Mazurski is familiar with the series.

Greg Blank
23-Jan-2013, 20:22
Have for the purpose of?

Processing film with it.
Explaining it.
Selling it.

IanMazursky
24-Jan-2013, 01:06
Hi Ralph,
I have one, happy to help with any questions you might have.

RPHOTOGRAPHER
24-Jan-2013, 13:02
Hello!
I have one also, everything is running fine, except the LCD screen is getting weak, I cannot see some of the letters and some have blanked out and also the backlight, I can still work with the screen in daylight,but, I would like to replace it..
I purchased a screen on ebay for the 2200, it hooked in just fine, everything had the right plugs, when I turned the machine on the backlight came one but all the space with the information is was blacked out.
I was wondering if it was a voltage change from the two machines or I didnt have something hooked up correctly.
and lastly is there a place to purchase one.
thanks
ralph

IanMazursky
24-Jan-2013, 20:36
Hi Ralph,
As far as i know there is no difference between the lcds from a 2200, 2300....
The difference between the ATL 2x00 models is some hardware (extra bottles, A/B switch, pumps...), not in the boards.
In the menu system you can change the model so that it can access the additional hardware.
I actually upgraded my ATL 2200 to a 2300 a few years ago, cost a fortune in parts but it was worth it.
You can even upgrade it to a 2400 or 2500, it’s adding the refill pumps and a few other bits (also costs a fortune).

If the back light is coming on, the power to the lcd should be ok.
Could the lcd driver circuit (ie. the IC controller chip) have been damaged by water, chemicals, static...??
Can you try your old lcd and see if it’s the same now between the 2 or is there a difference.
If it’s the same, then it might have something to do with the circuit board and not the lcd modules.
If the lcd driver circuit is outputting more voltage then the lcd module can handle, it could have fried them both (probably didn’t happen).
Id be happy to test the lcd module on my ATL for you. That way we can see if the module is faulty or its deeper into the ATL circuitry.

On a side note, i was looking into lcd modules for another project and noticed that a lot of them have trim pots for contrast.
I haven't taken apart the Jobo lcd module to see if they have them but it’s likely they do.
Its possible that the trim pots need to be adjusted for your particular ATL if all you see is black.
They should be on the lcd module and not inside the ATL. It would be mounted on the circuit board and probably blue with a white philips screw driver slot.
I always note the original location of a trim pot before adjusting by marking it with a sharpie. That way you can just turn it back to the original position if you have to (within reason, they aren’t precision trim pots by any means).

Another idea, if you can get the part#s off the actual lcd module (not the jobo part#s), i can dig up a tech sheet for it.
Those are always full of good info on how it interfaces and things to look for.

Hope all that helps. Shoot me a PM or an email or on this thread if you need any help.
Happy to help if i can.

RPHOTOGRAPHER
24-Jan-2013, 21:31
Hello,
Thanks
for the info!
there is no trim pot screws on the circuit board, would there be an adjustment inside the ATL???
let me know
Thanks
Ralph

RPHOTOGRAPHER
25-Jan-2013, 09:55
Another question, when I installed the LCD screen for the 2200, and the backlight came on but no characters, i was wondering if I needed to increase the brightness ??..I would be doing this by touch until I got to the the screen brightness.
any thoughts??
Ralph

RPHOTOGRAPHER
28-Jan-2013, 12:59
Hello,
Thanks
for the info!
there is no trim pot screws on the circuit board, would there be an adjustment inside the ATL???
let me know
Thanks
Ralph

koh303
28-Jan-2013, 15:49
Ralph,

I am trying to track down the right component for you along with a price, will have an answer for you any day now.

Greg Blank
28-Jan-2013, 16:16
GRRRRR----- I can help. The PART NUMBER IS 92185. Retail cost two years ago was about 500. Screen plus the attached board.I don't give advice to folks over the internet on how to fix equipment, except that unless you fully understand electronics- don't mess with electrical circuitry. I've had to fix to many processors fixed by so called repair people. Now lets take this time to say, lets run our businesses off this newgroup!

IanMazursky
29-Jan-2013, 00:51
Hi Ralph,
I did some checking and there is a trim pot on the ATL processor daughter board.
Its on the top left hand side just to the right of the 2 Rockwell VIA's ICs.
It looks like it connects to the header that goes to the lcd. What it does, not totally sure.
It’s a 10k trim pot that i think is connected between the lcd connector and VCC.
So it might be the pot your looking for. I would make sure to mark it before you attempt to adjust it.
You may want to power down the ATL make an adjustment then repower it to be on the safe side.
I have attached a quickly annotated jpg of the processor board and location of components.
I may have made a small mistake with the arrow on the lcd header, Pin 2 is VCC and Pin 1 is GND.
I need to double check when i more awake with a DMM.

Ill try to dissemble the lcd module in the next few days and see if i can see anything.
I will also see if can do some measurements with my DMM to give you some base values.
If the trim pot does nothing (try both lcd modules as a comparison), it could be a voltage problem.
The board runs at 5v (VCC), you should have +5V between VCC and GND.
Just be careful not to short the pins or any others (as i said above, i need to double check which pin is which).

After going through the boards many times over the last few years, its a simple design.
Lots of logic gates, caps, resistors (5%!), old 6502 processor (they still make em!) with the accompanying versatile interface adapters.
Not terribly hard to reverse engineer (not my specialty but i'm trying), its also a 2 layer board so no tracks that disappear into the inner layers or SMT components.
Pretty nice 90s construction (though 80s type tech). Mine has parts circa '96-98, pretty recent considering.

Hopefully some of this helps, you can always email or call and i can try to help.
Good luck!
Ian

koh303
31-Jan-2013, 09:26
The part number is not the problem - finding the part and getting it is what i was referring to.

RPHOTOGRAPHER
31-Jan-2013, 13:08
THANK YOU!!! the trim pot adjusting screw did the trick!!!!!

Thank you!!

koh303
31-Jan-2013, 16:41
Great!

IanMazursky
31-Jan-2013, 21:02
Hi Ralph,
Glad you were able to get it working. Love those undocumented features!
Happy processing!

vaderphoto
2-Sep-2014, 20:43
Hi Ralph,
Glad you were able to get it working. Love those undocumented features!
Happy processing!

Hello Ian,

I have a question about chemicals for the Jobo 2300. My buddies studio he works at has one in their basement that I have been told if I get it back up and running I have free reign to use it. How much chemical do i need for C-41 to get it up and running for 120 and 4x5?

Thank you,

Eric

letone
25-Nov-2019, 05:03
Hello, did you manage to fix the LCD.

I'm having the same problem with a JOBO ATL 2000. Is easy to replace the LCD, what is the reference if I need to buy one?

thanks

Pere Casals
25-Nov-2019, 05:14
Hello,
does anyone have this processor???

Thanks
Ralph

I'm making a retrofit of an ATL 2500, I'm developing a new electronics for it with ESP-32 arduino board, with web interface. I'm substituting the rotative pneumatic valve by 6 solenoid valves, and moving the outlet pipe to the right bottle with a servo.

The rotative valve with a malta cross mechanism is a quite nice design, but to have a fail safe operation and easy service I stripped it out.