PDA

View Full Version : ebony 45sw / architecture

tom_3987
25-Apr-2004, 20:03
I am considering a ebony sw45 for architecture. I shoot with a 80ss, 150 up to 210. I shoot alot of close range streetscapes with a the 80 and long distance with the 210. I am currently using a sinar f2 which enables me to do everything. I am worried about vignetting from the ebony bellows(as you cant push them away) with alot of rise at close range, and also stability with the 210 at full rise and full extention (with the top hat). Would love to hear from anyone using this camera for architecture, or anyone selling one.

Henry Ambrose
25-Apr-2004, 20:52
I've had my SW for a couple of months now. Its GREAT for wide to normal lenses. No problem with the bellows with my 58 through 180mm lenses. My camera with the 180 on a flat board will focus to about ten feet. It is solid enough when racked out like this. The 210 is really pushing the 45SW's capability- it ought to work on an extension board but if you use the 210 often you should look at the 45S instead. I am certain that if I often used lenses longer than180mm I'd buy the bigger camera.

paul owen
26-Apr-2004, 01:32
Hi Tom, I agree with Henry - using a 210 is pushing it unless you plan on investing in the 452 back extender which then pushes the camera/back package to the same price as the "S". I would opt for the "S". BTW, great choice in camera :)

George Hart
26-Apr-2004, 02:05
Tom: I have the 45S and I agree with the others' comments about the better suitability of this camera over the SW for your lenses. I have never had a problem with bellows vignetting (I have 55 and 75 lenses, at the short end of the focal length range). The S also gives you back shift which I, for one, find useful for architectural subjects.

CXC
26-Apr-2004, 10:43
Tom, what exactly are the shortcomings of the F2 that you wish to eliminate?