PDA

View Full Version : Fuji Quick- Change System, (not Quick-Load)

Dr. Dan
23-Apr-2004, 12:32
Question regarding static electricity marks on film:

I use the eight-sheet, Fuji Quick-Change system (Not the single-sheet Quick-Load) once available from Robert White. I know cool, dry weather and fast movement of the cartridge increases the risk of creating static sparks within the film cartridge and making marks on the film. Does any one else have this problem and do you have any pearls for minimizing the sparks?

Is there a way to ground the system, or me and would that help?

Thanks,

Dan

Michael J. Kravit
23-Apr-2004, 19:14
Before reloading I wipe the components down with a solution of Downey fabric softener and water. No static and the holders smell good.

Pete Caluori
23-Apr-2004, 20:14
Greetings,

I use the Fuji Quick Change system and live in an area where the RH is usually below 30%. I have never found a problem with static in the field, but I do pay particular attention to loading and cleaning. I also don't cycle the holder at lightning speeds and that perhaps is the reason I don't have problems.

Michael's solution sounds interesting, but perhaps you should keep your holder in a plastic bag with a slightly damp towel to increase the RH. The key to reducing static electricity is to increase the humidity.

Regards, Pete

Richard_4243
11-May-2004, 10:58
HELLLLLLLPPPPPPP!

I need to get a few of the fuji quick change systems for an upcoming shoot. Please let me know if anyone has any for sale. Rober White no longer carries them, so I am in desperate search for at least ten of these.

Best,

Ric

Tin Can
9-Nov-2021, 05:23
Good info!

I plan to buy one

Today

I am getting very fast deliveries from Japan

Ralph Barker
9-Nov-2021, 10:34
HELLLLLLLPPPPPPP!

I need to get a few of the fuji quick change systems for an upcoming shoot. Please let me know if anyone has any for sale. Rober White no longer carries them, so I am in desperate search for at least ten of these.

Best,

Ric

You should post your request in the WTB sub-forum.

r.e.
9-Nov-2021, 10:44
You should post your request in the WTB sub-forum.

You're 17 years late :)