PDA

View Full Version : Any pro labs offering pyro at a competitive price for 120?

Chuck S.
17-Jan-2013, 19:35
Yes, I know I could do it myself. But it's more than just ordering a kit from the Formulary. It means all new tanks and reels, bottles, thermometer, and finding a clean place to load and then hang wet film in my all-too-dusty environment. DIY is just not in the cards...

I'd like to find a good mail order-friendly lab that regularly runs pyro for the same price (or at a small premium) as the usual Xtol, D76, or HC110. I'd probably prefer to standardize on Fuji Acros, but I'd switch to another film if the lab has a lot more pyro experience with something else.

I'm aware of Cox in SF (at $20+/120 roll!). Elevator Digital in Toronto is a bit more reasonable at $11+, but there's still some customs paperwork & extra postage from the US, plus ordering only in multiples of 4 rolls of 120 to get that price.

Any other suggestions? Many thanks!

Marc B.
18-Jan-2013, 02:34
Have you tried contacting Blue Moon?

http://www.bluemooncamera.com/index.php

Blue Moon Camera and Machine
8417 North Lombard Street
Portland, Oregon USA 97203
PH# 503-978-0333

Robert Brummitt
21-Jan-2013, 10:20
I don't know if Bluemooncamera does Pyro. Give them a call? Best is they find someone who does! I would also Suggest you could look around your local photo community and see if anyone close to you can process your film. I use to do it for the local high school photo students. They thought it fun to have green negs.
Film Hulk out!