PDA

View Full Version : (e)Books on Photography for reading?

andreios
14-Jan-2013, 01:47
Hello folks,

just a simple question - recently I purchased for myself an e-reader - could you recommend any (e-)books concerned with photography / art / creativity that are worth reading? The first thing that jumped on my mind were Weston's Daybooks, but I couldn't find them as an ebook... Any similar suggestions?

Thank you

IanG
14-Jan-2013, 03:16
Try "free photography ebooks" as a Google search, rather a lot of results.

I'm interested in writing ebooks but it's knowing what's best for alround compatibility. A friend sells ebooks (not photography based) online and commissions authors so I'll ask him later in the week.

I used to subscribe to the PDF version of View Camera magazine and the PDF's were superb but the method of downloading crude and it was a mess of individual files for each issue.

Ian

polyglot
14-Jan-2013, 04:15
depending on your style & ambitions: David Hurn - On Being a Photographer. Freely available as PDF with a spot of googling.

I think you can get Way Beyond Monochrome as an eBook but that means you can't use the hardback to beat uncooperative models.

jp
14-Jan-2013, 04:26
Lots of old copyright-free photo club journals on google books. Old camera manual pdfs, lens catalogs for searching, Russ Young's pictorialism thesis pdf which does much to explain lenses and their photo history.

andreios
14-Jan-2013, 05:08
JP, thank you for that one, already downloaded.
I already have Way Beyond Monochrome hardback - as of yet just for beating my own head for stupid mistakes.. :)