PDA

View Full Version : contraction processing (n-1, n-2) in a Jobo ATL 2000

Matthew Sleeth
19-Apr-2004, 06:37
Dear helpful folks, I would be interested in advice on contracting zones in an automated processor. I am familiar with dilution techniques and two-processor techniques for developing in a tray. The automated processor is new to me, and I am uncertain how to proceed. I generally use T-max 400, 4x5 through 8x10 sheets, developed in T-max RS. I'd also be interested in anyone's field compensation, i.e., pre-exposure and filter use. Thank you very, very much. Matthew Sleeth sleeth@adelphia.net

Huib
19-Apr-2004, 11:33
Matthew,

An ATL is (re)programmable.

Contraction and expansion can be done by developing shorter and longer, just define three programs into the atl a n-1, n and n+1 program. All three programs are identically except the time programmed for the development step.

Huib www.huibsmeets.com

Philip_4175
21-Apr-2004, 15:10
I have a Jobo ATL2+. It has ten different program settings. I have these set up for N-1, N, N+1 all for my normal D76 1:1. For Tmax 100 the times are 6.5, 8, and 10.5. Times for stop, fix etc. are the same for all steps.

I also have programs for when I do 16x20 and 20x24 paper with dektol 1:2.

Chemicals are in the following bottles 1 - D76 2 - Dektol 3 - Stop Bath 4 - Fix 5 - Hypo clear mixed very dilute - otherwise it seems to foam in my local water supply 6 - photo flow - again this is very dilute.

I also have a CPA - 2 that is going to be put up for sale when I get around to it.