PDA

View Full Version : Lee SW150 filters and LF?

Daniel Stone
5-Jan-2013, 23:19
hey all,

Are any of you using the SW150 series filters/holders for use with LF? I have two lenses w/ 105mm filter threads(both wide angle), and have been looking at the options for grad filters(since I shoot chrome primarily) that would cover(and NOT vignette) with those lenses.

thanks,

Dan

Lachlan 717
5-Jan-2013, 23:49
What about a Cokin X-Pro holder and Singh Ray filters?

I use these on the front of my Schneider 72mm SAXL.

Daniel Stone
6-Jan-2013, 00:05
Singh-ray lists their filters @ $225 for the x-pro size. B&H has the SW150 filters for $120ea. Not a small difference in price, and they're both resin filters too. If the Singh-Ray were glass (like the old Tiffen ones) I could understand the price differential a bit more. I'd greatly prefer glass, since the resin scratches quite easily in my experience...

Dan

Lachlan 717
6-Jan-2013, 00:08
Fair point.

Mind you, I bought an X-Pro Grad Orange out of China, on glass, for $5 recently. Looks great; no weird coatings and/or distortion. Don't think that they do the grey, though.

cosmicexplosion
6-Jan-2013, 03:20
hey cool Lachlan, where did you get them there filters, i been sting'n for some orange and red filters but sooo much money...

cheers

A

Lachlan 717
6-Jan-2013, 12:54
Still trying to work out which eBay Seller I got this from...

Professional
8-Jan-2013, 02:46
If you talk about ND there are glass filters, but if you talk about GND then you are right, even there are a brand with glass GND filters but very expensive.