PDA

View Full Version : Bellows for Eastman Commercial View (magnesium)

Ari
4-Jan-2013, 21:52
Hi,
I'd like to eventually order some bellows for an 8x10 Eastman Commercial View.
Can I use the measurements from a Kodak 2D, i.e., do they both use the same size bellows?
Thanks

neil poulsen
4-Jan-2013, 22:25
I think that the best approach is to take the appropriate measurements off the actual camera whose bellows you want to replace.

For example, Custom Bellows in the UK have you take certain measurements. They design and fabricate the bellows from those actual dimensions.

Ari
5-Jan-2013, 07:31
Thanks, Neil; I know that the best way is directly off the camera in question, but I was hoping to shave off a few weeks of waiting time.
I'm waiting for the 8x10 to arrive, and the bellows usually take 3-4 weeks to arrive.

IanG
5-Jan-2013, 09:20
I think that the best approach is to take the appropriate measurements off the actual camera whose bellows you want to replace.

For example, Custom Bellows in the UK have you take certain measurements. They design and fabricate the bellows from those actual dimensions.

Custom Bellows should have the priginal drawings for the Eastman Commercial View as it was also made in the UK with a differeny name and Glanvill/Camera Bellows made all Kodaks bellows.

Ian