PDA

View Full Version : Technika rail adjustment

Noeyedear
4-Jan-2013, 04:09
My 5x7 Technika is a little lose gripping the rails, not unusable, but not vice like. It looks like the sliding plate that moves to press against the rail has some play in it. Any suggestions on how to tighten this up please?
I don't want to end up with bits scattered over the floor. Or is best to get an expert to service it?

Thanks,

Kevin.

Bob Salomon
4-Jan-2013, 05:04
Linhof service in the USA is Nippon Photoclinic in NYC. This is a question for them or the service center in your country. Your camera has been out of production for decades and this is one strong sign that it needs a proper CLA by trained service technicians.

Noeyedear
4-Jan-2013, 06:14
Well I put a screwdriver to it, everything felt tight but I gave it some anyway, now it's back together it's all nice and tight. Rock solid.

Kevin.

Bill_1856
4-Jan-2013, 07:50
Linhof service in the USA is Nippon Photoclinic in NYC. This is a question for them or the service center in your country. Your camera has been out of production for decades and this is one strong sign that it needs a proper CLA by trained service technicians.

What happened to the old guy working out of his garage in North Carolina?

Bob Salomon
4-Jan-2013, 09:24
What happened to the old guy working out of his garage in North Carolina?

He has retired.

Scott Sharp
5-Jan-2013, 10:47
So Marflex in no longer the Linhof repair center?

Will Nippon Photoclinic carry Linhof parts now? (Such as for a Linhof Super Color 4 x 5)?

Bob Salomon
5-Jan-2013, 10:52
Yes, Nippon is the Linhof service center and already has some parts and will be the parts supplier in the future now that Marflex has retired.

Sal Santamaura
5-Jan-2013, 13:29
Yes, Nippon is the Linhof service center and already has some parts and will be the parts supplier in the future now that Marflex has retired.Bob must feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day:

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?98043-Marflex-retired-Nippon-Photoclinic-Linhof-Wista-USA-service-center

:D

Bob Salomon
5-Jan-2013, 13:45
Bob must feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day:

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?98043-Marflex-retired-Nippon-Photoclinic-Linhof-Wista-USA-service-center

:D

It is amazing how often the same thing has to be posted apparently.

DennisD
5-Jan-2013, 17:50
What's amazing is how you keep up with everything, Bob - like all these posts and information requests - not to mention your other responsibilities !