PDA

View Full Version : Shooting without rear cells

Vincepad
3-Jan-2013, 15:36
I came into a Fujinon 210 f/5.6. The rear cells are very etched by fungus, but the front cells are clean. What could I expect shooting with only the front cells? I'd just go out and try, but I'm stuck in bed for a couple more days.

Thanks!

ic-racer
4-Jan-2013, 13:16
I came into a Fujinon 210 f/5.6. The rear cells are very etched by fungus, but the front cells are clean. What could I expect shooting with only the front cells? I'd just go out and try, but I'm stuck in bed for a couple more days.

Thanks!

You will be better off with the bad rear cell in place. I have wasted some 8x10 film with just one cell of my Fujinon 300 mm and it was very bad.

Vincepad
5-Jan-2013, 11:11
Sounds good. I'll see what I get with some paper negs instead of film. I'm just playing around. :)

David R Munson
5-Jan-2013, 11:14
Let us know what happens without the rear cells in place - I'm very interested to know. It may be bad, but sometimes bad can be nice.

Vincepad
5-Jan-2013, 11:52
Will do!

Maris Rusis
5-Jan-2013, 15:32
Don't forget to try transferring the good cell to the back of the shutter. Optical performance will be different and may be better than expected. Taking focus shift out of the equation by focussing at shooting aperture sometimes helps too.

Jim Graves
5-Jan-2013, 17:06
Also ... if you haven't already, try some shots with both cells in place ... that would be interesting too.