PDA

View Full Version : A View Camera Photo Booth Created with a DSLR and Sawed Off iMac

Joseph O'Neil
3-Jan-2013, 09:08
URL:
http://www.petapixel.com/2013/01/03/a-view-camera-photo-booth-created-with-a-dslr-and-sawed-off-imac/

I post this somewhat tongue in cheek, because it is not quite a true view camera, but I enjoyed the article anyhow. Basically they use a DSLR hidden in front behind the lens board, and an iMac as the "ground glass" . The only issue I had, is they should of mounted the iMac upside down to make it look a bit more "legit". :)

enjoy
joe

ic-racer
3-Jan-2013, 09:38
Very odd.

Vincepad
3-Jan-2013, 12:49
I'm guessing that the wedding clients love this. It is a ton more "cute" than the normal photobooth. It would be even better paired with a dye-sublimation printer. With that, they could triple their rental fees.

adelorenzo
3-Jan-2013, 13:16
Way cool. Photo booths are so hot right now.

I've done a couple of digital-based ones recently but I really want to do one with instant film. Now THAT would be cool. Especially if it was 8x10. :)

Terry Christian
3-Jan-2013, 13:55
I'm so glad they didn't cannibalize an existing view camera to make that thing.

rkmiec
11-Jan-2013, 17:04
Cool idea,people in the comments were focused on the stand removal over everything else. Wish i could make a hundred an hour.

Alan Gales
11-Jan-2013, 18:03
Cool idea,people in the comments were focused on the stand removal over everything else. Wish i could make a hundred an hour.

I agree, I think $100.00 per hour is the really cool part!

Mark Sawyer
11-Jan-2013, 18:06
You can also put a fiberglass Ferrari body on a Volkswagon pan. :rolleyes:

Andrew O'Neill
11-Jan-2013, 18:32
You can also put a fiberglass Ferrari body on a Volkswagon pan

Can I google that for more info?