PDA

View Full Version : Technika 5x7 advice please

Noeyedear
3-Jan-2013, 05:35
Hi,
I have just purchased a Techinka 5x7, it also has 5x4 reduction back. I can't see an obvious way to swop the 5x7 for the 5x4. Not wanting to spoil this slightly minty example I thought I would ask the wise 'ol sages at the LF oracle.
It also arrived with a "U" shaped plastic I think filter holder that looks like it should attach to a rod. I can not see where this would attach to the camera. I already have in my camera dressing up box a Linhof bellows lens shade that clips in the top. This is offset and too thick for the filter holder. So any advice on the filter holder would be good also.

Cheers,

Kevin.

Noeyedear
3-Jan-2013, 05:49
I'm actually thinking the 5x4 is not for this model, I can't see anything to undo, clip, slide etc.

Kevin.

Miguel Coquis
3-Jan-2013, 06:07
Kevin, post a pic, concerning camera backs this might help.
MAC

Noeyedear
3-Jan-2013, 06:33
Kevin, post a pic, concerning camera backs this might help.
MAC
Pictures of the 5x4 back. I'm trying to upload pictures of the camera and 5x7 back but they will not load.

Kevin.

Noeyedear
3-Jan-2013, 06:35
Ok it's a limit thing. Here is the camera, can someone tell me the model of Technika please?

Kevin.

Noeyedear
3-Jan-2013, 07:41
It is a Linhof Super Technika V, a rare and expensive model so I bet you made a good deal. They are great cameras, pretty heavy but rock solid. Hope you have a sturdy tripod. Rotate the back, not 90-degrees like normal but only 45-degrees. There are slider tabs at each corner - they may be stiff from not being slid for years - slide them open and swap backs. Very simple. If the back won't rotate, that round thing might be the latch, not sure. You can get a folding focusing hood to use on the 4x5 back like the 5x7 has, it helps protect the ground glass as well.
Cheers.
Just paid £1500. for it. Also came with cammed 210 Symmar S and 7 5x7 DDS, it's in lovely condition. It has infinity stops for three other lenses as well, so would of been a nice setup. Which years were these made from till?
Cheers,

Kevin.

Noeyedear
3-Jan-2013, 07:49
Just did the 5x7 to 5x4 swop, very simple and quick when you know how. Happy bunny land at the moment, actually it's not as heavy as I thought it would be, I'm tempted to try a few shots from a helicopter soon. Not what I bought it for, but could prove interesting.
The 210mm on 5x4 will make a nice portrait lens, especially as it's got the cam.
Thanks Gittime your English is excellent,

Kevin.