PDA

View Full Version : an xray film question

ImSoNegative
2-Jan-2013, 07:32
i currently have 2 different types of green sensitive xray film, delivered to me yesturday, both made my fuji, one is HR T the other is HR U what is the difference? thanks

Jim Fitzgerald
2-Jan-2013, 08:00
T is the green and the U is the blue I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I like the U the best.

Jody_S
2-Jan-2013, 08:33
I thought the 'T' meant High Contrast?

Jason Greenberg Motamedi
2-Jan-2013, 10:16
HR T is green, HR U is half speed blue, and RX is full speed blue. (http://www.cxsonline.com/text/summarypage.tmpl?command=search&sn=546712&db=/databases/products.db&eqcategorydatarq=10011004&eqmasterskudatarq=[blank]&skusort=1&cart=12850473478481188&location=10011004&startat=1&max=15)

j.e.simmons
2-Jan-2013, 11:01
Jim, what do you like about the blue?
juan

erie patsellis
2-Jan-2013, 16:23
Following the link, one has to wonder if the quoted "high demand" for X-ray film is due to the uncertainty regarding Kodak, or the increase in it's use by LF shooters.

Andrew O'Neill
2-Jan-2013, 17:46
Not really answering your initial question, but green xray films are also sensitive to green, just barely approaching yellow sensitivity. It's still an orthochromatic film, but in the "orthochromatic long" category. I have a spectral sensitivity graph somewhere...

Andrew O'Neill
2-Jan-2013, 17:50
Following the link, one has to wonder if the quoted "high demand" for X-ray film is due to the uncertainty regarding Kodak, or the increase in it's use by LF shooters.

I often wondered that, too. Probably it's our fault! Now that they have us hooked, watch the price start to go up... waaaaaay up!

ImSoNegative
2-Jan-2013, 19:22
hmmm i was under the impression that both were green, I didnt see any hr u on that link, there was rx, hr t and rx u

largeformatguy
21-Jan-2013, 14:52
Not really answering your initial question, but green xray films are also sensitive to green, just barely approaching yellow sensitivity. It's still an orthochromatic film, but in the "orthochromatic long" category. I have a spectral sensitivity graph somewhere...

Andrew,

I would love to see that spectral sensitivity graph.

Alan

Jim Fitzgerald
21-Jan-2013, 18:11
I lie the half speed blue for my work. I recently shot some at 25 and got some great images. It suits the way I work. I think I decided on it after I saw the graphs that Andrew posted.

premortho
23-Jan-2013, 17:29
I use the "80 speed blue. It has some green sensetivity, but not as much as the "green. The brand I bought is not coated with emulsion on both sides.
I lie the half speed blue for my work. I recently shot some at 25 and got some great images. It suits the way I work. I think I decided on it after I saw the graphs that Andrew posted.