PDA

View Full Version : Rare Prinz lens

Matcomp0
2-Jan-2013, 05:16
Hi,
I recently got my hands on a lens i know little about.
I'm interested in knowing the value of the lens.
The one i'm taling about is a
prinz 80-200 mm, 55 mm diameter, rexatar, one touch, auto diafragma, mc, 1:4.5
According to a somewhat vague source online this is quit a rare lens.
An other source Gave me the following additional info;
Year 1982, list price 263$, 1998 452$
http://www.starryland.com/cgi-bin/board/data/Photograph/lens.txt
I'm not sure what the 1998 price means. Is It that this lens had this value in 1998?
Or is it rather the original price expressed in the 1998 dollar?

Either way, i'd like to know the today's value of this lens, and anything else you can tell me about It.
P.S. The lens has a Konica fitting.

Thnx

Dan Fromm
2-Jan-2013, 06:31
Small format lens. This is a large format forum.

Jim Jones
2-Jan-2013, 06:35
This is a large format photography forum, and not the best place to ask about 35mm gear. There is one lens similar to yours now offered on ebay for a buy-it-now price of $50, with no bids. Off-brand zooms for film cameras rarely sell well on auctions. Oops, Dan is faster than me.

domaz
2-Jan-2013, 17:05
Try forum.manualfocus.org lots of knowledgable people who have seen and used many types of off-brand 35mm equipment there. Frankly, I wouldn't get too excited about this "rare" lens of yours. The only thing rare about it is probably the branding (i.e. could be a rebranded version of a more common third-party lenses).

Bob Salomon
2-Jan-2013, 18:10
Prinz was the OEM name that the distributor Amcam used. Basically anything with this name is very low end product.

But to sell it or get an estimate you should also tell us what camera this fit.

BradS
2-Jan-2013, 18:23
Honestly, in today's market, these low end third party zooms for 35mm SLR are very nearly worthless.