PDA

View Full Version : Horseman lens board

Ajd2k8
1-Jan-2013, 14:41
Hi all,

A little confused just bought a horseman LE and am wondering what type of lense board I need?

Roger Thoms
1-Jan-2013, 15:02
Either a Horseman or Sinar 140mm x 140mm board withe the correct bore to match the lens you want to mount. Used boards are easy to find, I've bought them here in the for sale section, on ebay, and on Craiglist. There are also recessed boards to accommodate wide angle lenses, but I would get a bag bellow instead. Nice thing is that a lot of the Sinar parts interchange, like lens boards and bellows for instance.

Roger

Bruce B
1-Jan-2013, 16:02
Roger is correct about boards and bag bellows. However, I have both a Sinar F and a Horseman 450 monorail -- an earlier model than the LE, without base tilts -- and I feel that if you will be using lenses shorter than 90mm a recessed board is also very helpful. I have a 65mm that I mainly use with 6x9cm roll film and even with a bag bellows there isn't much room to manipulate the lens without a recessed board to separate the standards a reasonable amount.

Certainly try your short lenses, if any, without the recessed board first. You may find it perfectly serviceable, but keep the recessed board in mind.

BAB

Roger Thoms
1-Jan-2013, 17:34
Bruce, thank for pointing the need for a recessed board on the horseman. I should have qualified my answer with the fact that my experience come from owning a Sinar.

Roger

B.S.Kumar
1-Jan-2013, 23:48
Or get a Sinar/Horseman>Linhof Technika lensboard adapter. Your bag/case will thank you for it!

Kumar