PDA

View Full Version : CLA for an enlarger lens

Pfiltz
30-Dec-2012, 10:40
I just picked up some used DR equipment to add what I already had, and this lens, a Wollensak 135mm 4.5 was with some of the gear. I've been using it to do some 8x10's and all of sudden the blades are kind of wacked out of place. Hope it's not screwed.

Anyhooo, any suggestions on where it should go for a look see?

Earlier this year, I sent a shutter and lens for my Graphic View out to Cali for a CLA, but can't remember the name of the place. I keep thinking it's Ronnie's or something or other.

TIA on any suggestions.

jp
30-Dec-2012, 10:55
Unless you're real attached to it, it's not worth the investment; You could probably get a nice El-Nikkor or Schneider enlarger lens for <$100.

Pfiltz
30-Dec-2012, 11:06
No sentimental attachments to it. I just moved my Besler and threw up the Omega D2 I've been using. Just kind of disappointed that it just went crazy. I just don't understand these lens board numbers and what not.

ic-racer
30-Dec-2012, 13:44
It is screwed. You could sell it on e-bay "RARE VINTAGE DARKROOM LENS; COLLECTOR'S ITEM: I don't know much about these and have no way to test it, but it looks like it should work..."

Frank_E
30-Dec-2012, 14:24
It is screwed. You could sell it on e-bay "RARE VINTAGE DARKROOM LENS; COLLECTOR'S ITEM: I don't know much about these and have no way to test it, but it looks like it should work..."

you forgot to add: "Sold as-is"

the irony is that I also have exactly the same lens with an enlarger I acquired and it has the same problem. It was that way when I got it. Must be a design issue.

Bob Salomon
30-Dec-2012, 14:28

I don't think that it is either "Rare" or a Collector's Item". It is vintage though.

wallrat
30-Dec-2012, 21:02
I think they are joking since it seems ever ebay add says those 2 phrases :)

Pfiltz
31-Dec-2012, 04:39
Update: Since I didn't have much to loose, I took it apart last night. I have it back working. I just need to lube the blades this a.m. to help the movement. Funny thing to my surprise. When I looked through the lens when I got it, along with all this other DR equipment, I thought those blades were metal.

They're plastic.