PDA

View Full Version : Forum Upgrade

Tom Westbrook
30-Dec-2012, 07:06
Just completed an upgrade to the Forum software. The only major change was to the navigation menu at the top, which I think I've recreated as close to the old one as possible.

Post issues, questions & comments to this thread only, please.

Brian Ellis
30-Dec-2012, 07:28
Thanks for all your efforts in doing this and everything else done to keep the Forum going.

BrianShaw
30-Dec-2012, 08:00
Thank you, Tom.

Preston
30-Dec-2012, 08:16
Thanks, Tom. I appreciate your efforts!

--P

Dan Fromm
30-Dec-2012, 08:58
Tom, the unified view now includes the for sale/wanted forum. Did you intend to do this?

Tom Westbrook
30-Dec-2012, 09:10
Dan,

I'm not seeing For Sale section posts when I click on the new 'Unified View' button under the top banner. You might try to log off & back on to see if that helps, but it uses the same search URL as before & should exclude For Sale, Lounge & the New Products sections.

Dan Fromm
30-Dec-2012, 10:13
Thanks for the reply, Tom. I may have clicked new posts by accident. Just tried that, got for sale. Also tried unified view, didn't get for sale.

Roger Thoms
30-Dec-2012, 10:16
The "What's New" button is bringing up threads I've already read, plus I find the new layout of the "What's New" posts is awkward. I'm sure I'll get use to the new layout, just don't always like change.

On the plus side the "Quick Links" button is now far enough from the search window that I can now use it on my iPad. Overall the upgrade seems fine. Tom, thanks for all your hard work.

Roger

John Fink Jr.
31-Dec-2012, 09:05
Thank you Tom. Happy New Year!

Curt
31-Dec-2012, 11:19
Happy New Years, please move the "new posts" back to the center. My finger isn't long enough for my iphone. Great work on the site!

David Karp
31-Dec-2012, 11:19
Thanks so much!

BradS
31-Dec-2012, 12:03
The "Today's Posts" button (up top) is a very nice addition. Thanks!

Pawlowski6132
31-Dec-2012, 12:41

That's not new. It was called "What's New" in the last version.

Pawlowski6132
31-Dec-2012, 12:42

That's not new. It was called "What's New" in the last version.

I don't even know what the "What's New?" is now. What is that supposed to be????

Jim C.
31-Dec-2012, 13:50
Happy New Years, please move the "new posts" back to the center. My finger isn't long enough for my iphone. Great work on the site!

ah-ha ! I noticed the New Posts button was not in the same place I attributed it to my imagination or just too tired form working too much.

Roger Thoms
31-Dec-2012, 13:58
Yes, just re-found the new post button, all is good now.

Roger

SpeedGraphicMan
31-Dec-2012, 14:18
Ahhh! A new Look for a New Year!

Thanks for keeping the forum up to date!

Eric Rose
31-Dec-2012, 14:32
The only additional thing I would like to see added is a link to "My Posts" and "My Threads" on the same line as "Mark forums read"

Thanks.

Pawlowski6132
1-Jan-2013, 11:32
Why do I have to wait thirty seconds between posts????

jnantz
1-Jan-2013, 12:06
Just completed an upgrade to the Forum software. The only major change was to the navigation menu at the top, which I think I've recreated as close to the old one as possible.

Post issues, questions & comments to this thread only, please.

thanks tom, it looks nice !
i like how when one clicks on someone's name,
they see some of their recent posts ... is the tab that says "photos"
for albums that we can upload to our profile ?

have a nice new year !
john

Stefaan VB
1-Jan-2013, 12:13
Good forum, decent upgrade.

Happy new year,
Stefaan

bob carnie
1-Jan-2013, 12:23
Great Forum
Good forum, decent upgrade.

Happy new year,
Stefaan

Vaughn
1-Jan-2013, 12:28
I would like to be able to "Mark forum read" while looking at an individual post. But certainly not critical.

PS -- thanks for this forum and happy new year!!!!!!!!!!!!

dhirsch
2-Jan-2013, 02:31
Is there a way to show a complete thread in one page?

Larry Gebhardt
2-Jan-2013, 06:36
The icon in the address bar (favicon) is no longer the camera it used it to be (it's the vBbulletin default). Can you please set this back.

Ralph Barker
2-Jan-2013, 08:22
Why do I have to wait thirty seconds between posts????

That's an anti-spam/posting-bot setting.

Ralph Barker
2-Jan-2013, 08:31
thanks tom, it looks nice !
i like how when one clicks on someone's name,
they see some of their recent posts ... is the tab that says "photos"
for albums that we can upload to our profile ?

have a nice new year !
john

That tab is part of the Activity display, so I'm guessing it would show recently posted photos. Albums are separate, and can be created and populated with images through your user profile display.

Ralph Barker
2-Jan-2013, 08:34
The icon in the address bar (favicon) is no longer the camera it used it to be (it's the vBbulletin default). Can you please set this back.

The little view camera favicon was re-installed a couple of days ago. you may need to close and re-open your browser to get it to show.

Ralph Barker
2-Jan-2013, 08:39
Is there a way to show a complete thread in one page?

Under Settings -> General Settings, you can adjust the number of posts displayed per page, up to a max of 50.

William Whitaker
2-Jan-2013, 08:51
It's like someone switched around all the knobs on my camera.

Ralph Barker
2-Jan-2013, 12:08
It's like someone switched around all the knobs on my camera.

I know that feeling, Will. Just wait until we send out the special vBulletin transparent not-so-dark slides. ;-)