PDA

View Full Version : Interest in a lense

Dirk Luchsinger
14-Apr-2004, 12:16
I have a lense that I have no use for and would like to see it put to good use. On the lense cover it says, "Ilex Optical Co. Rochester, N.Y." Following are the specifications for this lense: Ilex Paragon Anastigmat F 4-5 Focus 14 3/4 inches Pat Applied for no. 26024.

I would like to know what this lense was for and if there is still a need for it and what it's approximate value is. Thank you for your help.

Ernest Purdum
14-Apr-2004, 12:57
It is a comparatively large aperure general purpose lens usually used on 8" X 10" cameras, frequently with a reducing back when taking large head portraits, for which it is quite appropriate.

jantman
14-Apr-2004, 14:09
If you're looking for it to go to good use, I might be able to find a high school student who would be appreciative....

Otherwise, check on EBay, but it's a buyer's market for lenses.

John D Gerndt
14-Apr-2004, 19:39
I have the 10 inch version of that lens and enjoy using it for group shots. I would enjoy the 14&1/2 for portraits. It really a nice lens if the shutter is working well.

Cheers,

Jackie Ory
14-Feb-2006, 19:44
I found a lense in a dumpster at an antique store that was going out of business. Didn't know what it was but now after reading other messages I guess it must be a camera lense also. It's No. is 12113, F 4.5, 163mm. Anyone know what its worth?