PDA

View Full Version : Macbeth TR524 Densitometer spare bulb wanted.

Tony Lakin
27-Dec-2012, 04:28
Hi
I am looking for a spare bulb for my Macbeth TR524 densitometer, I have tried Google to no avail, the manual gives the reference Macbeth part number 30950000, anyone know where I can get one or is there an alternative?

Thanks

Jac@stafford.net
27-Dec-2012, 11:25
Hi
I am looking for a spare bulb for my Macbeth TR524 densitometer, I have tried Google to no avail, the manual gives the reference Macbeth part number 30950000, anyone know where I can get one or is there an alternative?

Thanks

https://www.interlight.biz/light-bulb/MACBETH-30950000

Tony Lakin
27-Dec-2012, 12:00
https://www.interlight.biz/light-bulb/MACBETH-30950000

Thank you so much, I will order from this company if I cannot locate a similar bulb in Europe/UK, the shipping cost is a killer.

3 bulbs = 16.35
Subtotal: 16.35
DHL ECONOMY EXPRESS WORLDWIDE Shipping Charge: 39.25:eek:
ORDER TOTAL: $ 55.60

Tony Lakin
27-Dec-2012, 12:48
Thanks again Jac, thanks to the info at the link you sent I have found the same bulb in the UK, around USD24 for 4 bulbs including shipping:)

Bill Burk
27-Dec-2012, 15:00
There is a spare bulb under the air vent. (Just in case you hadn't tried the obvious, you may be pleasantly surprised)

Take the burned out bulb with you to a local hardware store. I get my replacements there, seems pretty common. My replacement has cylindrical coil filament instead of squashed rectangular filament of the original bulb. I figure it's out of warranty anyway so I am not expecting lab quality readings. But it works well for me. I didn't even have to recalibrate.

Tony Lakin
27-Dec-2012, 15:40
There is a spare bulb under the air vent. (Just in case you hadn't tried the obvious, you may be pleasantly surprised)

Take the burned out bulb with you to a local hardware store. I get my replacements there, seems pretty common. My replacement has cylindrical coil filament instead of squashed rectangular filament of the original bulb. I figure it's out of warranty anyway so I am not expecting lab quality readings. But it works well for me. I didn't even have to recalibrate.

Thanks Bill, I was aware that a spare bulb was originally supplied and hosed under the vent unfortunately this has already been used, I have ordered 4 spares from my UK supplier.

Bill Burk
27-Dec-2012, 17:30
Thanks Bill, I was aware that a spare bulb was originally supplied...

It was a long shot anyway and you said you had the instructions which tell you about the hidden spare... Adjusting it's covered in the manual and is pretty easy too, you just go for the lowest possible reading.

Tony Lakin
28-Dec-2012, 00:45
It was a long shot anyway and you said you had the instructions which tell you about the hidden spare... Adjusting it's covered in the manual and is pretty easy too, you just go for the lowest possible reading.

Thanks again:)