PDA

View Full Version : Old Schneider chrome lenses & Liesegang Rajah 5 enlarger

michael vestergaard
2-Mar-1999, 16:31
I4m a lucky man! I4ve got a Liesegang Rajah 5 enlarger for free. It came with 2 Schneider lenses, both chrome. A Componar 135/4.5 and a Componon 150/5.6(marked "Omega" in red). Does anyone have any experience with some of the above equipment? The Componon must be better than the Componar, but how is it compared to newer l enses? I hope you can help me. With regards Michael Westergaard

Susan Johanna Even
25-Dec-2006, 02:35
Hi, Michael. I've got the same kind of enlarger. Mine came with two middle format lenses. I purchased modern style of Rodagon 150mm lens for the enlarger, but it does not mount well. I am trying to obtain suitable lenses from Schneider-Krueznach that are the same style as those that came with it. The modern style does not seem appropriate. Would you be able to send images of your two lenses? The lens boards also look different than modern lens boards. They are quite simple. I had a guy try to make one for me, but it does not fit properly in the enlarger. (It's too loose, so I've had to put tape round it.) Can anyone recommend a adept metal plate maker? Aluminum is too thin and too soft for this enlarger. It needs to be steel. Thanks.

erie patsellis
26-Dec-2006, 13:54
Susan, how thick does it have to be? I make lensboards for my view cameras out of 1/8" aluminum, stiff as can be.

erie