PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver, BC exhibition worth seeing

Mark_C
21-Dec-2012, 17:50
I have happened to see today an exhibition of 25 vintage 8"x10" prints made by our local photographer over 110 years ago. According to the gallery owner it will be still hanging until early January. Worth seeing in person, if tha's not possible you can view them on the gallery's website.

http://vancouver-mastersgalleryltd.com/exhibitions/richard-henry-trueman-photographer-of-the-west

Merry Christmas for everybody,
Cheers
- Mark_C

ROL
21-Dec-2012, 18:33
Never seen lighting from below before. Seems like a trip hazard. I guess every place has got a Mystery Spot :D.

Eric James
21-Dec-2012, 18:45
I'd be more concerned about the seating from above.

Thanks Mark - I'll check the link

Mark_C
21-Dec-2012, 22:22
I guess that was the iPhone's version for Australia. It wasn't end of the world - was it?

Please accept my apologies.
Well, at least the link works correctly and hopefully it will stay that way...

1. I should have looked at my own photo before submitting post
2. I should have not trusted iPhone's technology

mea culpa

here is the snap with more correct orientation

cheers again everyone
- Mark_C

ROL
22-Dec-2012, 11:26
Thanks for the bringing the show to our attention and putting up with our questionable sense(s) of humor so gracefully. I wish I could make up there to see these in person. Are you associated, professionally, with the gallery?

Andrew O'Neill
22-Dec-2012, 14:13
Thanks Mark. Hey, we'll have to go out shooting in the new year, eh?

Mark_C
22-Dec-2012, 16:55
Hi ROL, no I am not associated with the gallery, whenever I go shopping at Beau Photo, which is located around the corner from that gallery I also check what's being shown at "galley row" on Granville Street or Granville Island below the bridge. From time to time besides paintings, graphics and sculptures you can see photography exhibitions. Most often it's contemporary works, only on occasion you can encounter such vintage masterpieces. Of the small galleries around there only at Monte Clarke gallery photography is frequently exhibited. A decade ago there used be also Simon's Patrich gallery showing mainly photography.

You can find in an advance what is tone shown, where are the galleries located etc, in Preview published bi-monthly or on their website http://www.preview-art.com/

Hey Andrew, certainly we need to gather a group again, how about Olympic Village to be the place? All the best to you for the Christmas and New Year!
- Mark_C

Vick Ko
22-Dec-2012, 19:28
Oh, I wish I could be there to view the exhibition. The gallery web site unfortunately only shows one photo from the collection.

cowanw
23-Dec-2012, 08:11
Oh, I wish I could be there to view the exhibition. The gallery web site unfortunately only shows one photo from the collection.

Thats strange. a few days ago I saw several.
But if you google his name and look at images there is a nice selection. it seems that his company gave Notman a run for their money.

cowanw
23-Dec-2012, 08:13
and look here
http://searcharchives.vancouver.ca/banff-springs-hotel-and-sulphur-mountain-banff-alta;rad

Vick Ko
23-Dec-2012, 10:39
Bill, thanks for the reference to the archives. Great photos.

Andrew O'Neill
23-Dec-2012, 11:23
Sounds good Mark. I've never been there. Merry Christmas to you, too!