PDA

View Full Version : Newfoundland Trip

Jacques-Mtl
16-Dec-2012, 11:11
Hi everyone,
In September 2013, I intend to go to Newfoundland. I was wondering if some of you have done such a trip. I am interested in rocks formation, cliffs etc. I intend to go in the western region of Newfoundland and stay around Norris Point. If you have some experience in that region I will happy if you can share it with me.
Thank you
Jacques

Michael Przybyla
16-Dec-2012, 15:14
Jacques,

I visited Gros Morne a few years back and stayed in Rocky Harbour. I was there around six days and it still wasn't enough to see everything just within the park. I was there at the end of Sept beginning of October, probably a little late in the season. Early to mid Sept should be a good time of year. I'd allow a day for each area of the park. Key spots would be The Tablelands, Western Brook, and of course Gros Morne Mtn. Don't discount some of the less popular spots. I spent much of one rainy windy day hiking around Stuckless Pond which was quite different that the rest of the park. The weather will be constantly changing so be ready to take advantage of some dramatic conditions.

My website has a few photos from my visit: http://mikeprzybyla.zenfolio.com/

It should be a great trip.

Mike Przybyla

Jacques-Mtl
17-Dec-2012, 09:10
Hi Mike, thank you for your comments and I when to look at your images and they are beautiful. I really like the image entitled Gros_Morne_WesternBrk_Rock1 because this is exactly what I am looking for.
Thank you Jacques