PDA

View Full Version : lensboards for kodak 4x5 master view

nate eminger
9-Apr-2004, 18:50
I just recently obtained an older Kodak Master View Camera 4x5. It's a studio camera, with full movements front and back, and a Graflex back sytsem. The problems lie with the lensboards... which currently are pieces of matboard cut to fit various lenses. Does anyone know what lensboards are correct for this camera, and where workable replacements can be obtained? Thank you!

Jay Lnch
9-Apr-2004, 19:42
There was a new one just listed on eBay a few days ago. Hopfuly it's still up for auction....

Bill_1856
9-Apr-2004, 19:43
www.equanoxphotographic.com

Bill_1856
9-Apr-2004, 19:53
Damn dumb spelling. That should have been www.equinoxphotographic.com. Sorry. Incidentally, it's a standard square 100mm board, used in pre-Pacemaker graphics, and many, many view cameras. Masonite works well.

Bill_1856
9-Apr-2004, 20:20
No, I'm not smoking anything, it's just Altzheimer's night, apparently. I was thinking of the Graphic View, not the Kodak Master (I believe they used the same standard lens board, but could be wrong). Kodak sold their production to Calumet who continued to make the same camera with their name badge on it. They may be able to supply boards, but be careful you don't get boards for the Cadet, which is a different size.

Jim Rice
10-Apr-2004, 06:14
Here you go, Nate.

http://www.calumetphoto.com/syrinx/ctl?ac.ui.pn=cat.CatTreeSearch&PAGE=Controller&keywords=lensboard+400+series&x=17&y=6

Jim Rice
10-Apr-2004, 06:34
Keep in mind that a Copal 0 is a tight fit in the recessed board. Prontor used to make a special wide angle cable release that was a godsend. Calumet offers the HP Marketing release extender that looks like it would work. http://www.calumetphoto.com/syrinx/ctl?PAGE=Controller&ac.ui.pn=cat.CatItemDetail&ac.item.itemNo=GM1000&ac.cat.CatTreeSearch.detail=y&type=SPDSEARCH Perhaps Bob S. can enlighten us further. The recessed board is neccessary to get any movements with a 90.

Tim Curry
10-Apr-2004, 07:57
Check with michael&paula.com at their web page. I think they may be able to help. He had some boards made for these cameras, but I'm not sure about the format sizes involved.

Jim Rice
10-Apr-2004, 11:04
Tim,

I think those are for the 8x10. The 4x5 Master View is the same camera as the Calumet CC-400, with boards readily available new from Calumet, and used from the usual suspects.