PDA

View Full Version : My ultimate Christmas wish I think.....

Emil Schildt
13-Dec-2012, 06:11
Just noticed this on the bay..

no relation on the seller...

Want it SO bad, but the price?? it is Deardorf price... :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GANDOLFI-FIELD-CAMERA-14-x11-with-GANDOLFI-TRIPOD-NEAR-PERFECT-CONDITION-2002-/190769439506?pt=UK_Film_Cameras&hash=item2c6abea312

Cor
13-Dec-2012, 07:09
Price is including the black cardboard to prevent bellows sag you think ? :)

Best,

Cor

Steven Tribe
13-Dec-2012, 08:32
I saw it yesterday and thought of your (apparently incomplete!) collection, Emil!

Perhaps you could put some of your other Gandolfis on sale here to satisfy your lust?

Emil Schildt
13-Dec-2012, 09:46
I saw it yesterday and thought of your (apparently incomplete!) collection, Emil!

Perhaps you could put some of your other Gandolfis on sale here to satisfy your lust?

EEEK.. That will never happen! (some lenses/images perhaps...)

I have been looking at it again after he has put up some nicer bigger images.

I think it is a "modern" "Variant" - not a "Traditional..

It is way overpriced inmo but I'd like to try it out....

Steven Tribe
13-Dec-2012, 13:42
These tapered bellows are always a source of problems - even early in their life.
Give me square bellows everytime.

Emil Schildt
13-Dec-2012, 14:18
These tapered bellows are always a source of problems - even early in their life.
Give me square bellows everytime.

yes - but looking at it, it seem the seller "just" don't know the "system".. it looks like there's a "contraption" to lock the front part of the bellows together in this position - a lock that will be unlocked in using long bellows draw.. (?)

But yes - square is easier..

Jody_S
13-Dec-2012, 16:28
When people have 'Make an Offer' available, I take the opportunity. You've got nothing to lose by offering what you think is a fair price for the camera. If you really want it, of course (no I'm not the seller.... I could never sell a camera like that).

Martin Courtenay-Blake
14-Dec-2012, 06:30
I think Emil is correct. I don't think Fred and Arthur used anything but polished brass for the metalwork on the "real" Gandolfis. The knobs also look far too modern as well.

Jonathan Barlow
14-Dec-2012, 13:22
I think Emil is correct. I don't think Fred and Arthur used anything but polished brass for the metalwork on the "real" Gandolfis. The knobs also look far too modern as well.

The seller says in the listing that the camera was made in 2002.

Martin Courtenay-Blake
14-Dec-2012, 14:12
The seller says in the listing that the camera was made in 2002.

Ah well at least we were right. Spent too much time looking at the pics that I didn't get round to reading the blurb.