PDA

View Full Version : Linhof lensboard new style

Bart Langenaken
7-Apr-2004, 04:27
At Photokina 2002 Linhof introduced a new type of cable release socket on lensboards for Linhof MT and TK45s. Does anyone have experience with this lensboard? Is it easy mounting a lens on it? My experience is that, with the old type, if not proper mounted the release socket didn't worked or jammed. I saw a picture of this lensboard (recessed with Schneider SS 80XL) and it seems that it's easier to handle the diafragma and shutter.

Bob Salomon
7-Apr-2004, 07:42
Yes this prototype was shown at Photokina 2002 but like many things shown at Photokina it has not been released as of the latest 2004 factory distributor price list.

When they are released, if they are released, we and the other Linhof distributors, as well as Linhof themselves, will post press releases announcing it's availability.

Bart Langenaken
7-Apr-2004, 09:06
Bob,

According to the Belgium importer of Linhof the new lensboards are already released. The recessed ones comes in 3, 6, 15 and 21 mm depth. e.g. to use the Schneider SA 47XL on the linhof TK 45s I need lensboard nr. 001047 (6mm depth), the old type has nr. 001016. Linhof did put a press release on the net for these lensboards: www.linhof.de/download/TECHNIKA.PDF

Linhoflensboards (www.linhof.de/download/TECHNIKA.PDF)

Greatings,

Bart

Bob Salomon
7-Apr-2004, 10:09
Bart,

The Linhof price lists has these listed as Recessed Lensboards WITH CABLE RELEASE SOCKETS. 001015 with 10mm recess. 001016 with 12mm recess, 001047 with 6mm recess and 001035 with 21mm recess.

Our latest shipments from the factory have the Cable Release Quick Socket on them.

There is also another recessed board with NO connector - 001153

The link you provided does show the current Cable Release Sockets.

To work best you would also need the Linhof cable release and the cable release nipple. The nipple is supplied with each board and extras are available from service. The lock will not always function properly with some other cable releases or without the nipple.

Bob Salomon
7-Apr-2004, 14:05
We have just received the latest version of the 001015 lensboard and that does come with the new linkage which replaces the wire release part with a very short version of the Gepe Wide Angle Extension Cable. To install it you also have to replace the cable release socket on the shutter with a new one included with the lensboard.

The lens appears to now be mounted a bit closer to the bottom of the board so a slight amount of rise could be necessary to center the lens on the back.

The 001016 is still with the wire relese mechanism at this point.

Bart Langenaken
7-Apr-2004, 14:14
Bob,

Thanks for the explanation. Does this new lensboard with cable release socket also exist for Copal1 (210 apo-symmar L) and Copal3-shutters (400 apo compact)? From the press release I understand that those lensboards are made specific for a specific lens so that they're exactly centered and that you can use the maximum of lens displacement vertical/horizontal. Are those sockets easy to mount?

Many greatings,

Bart

Bob Salomon
7-Apr-2004, 14:31
The sockets only require a small screw driver to remove the one on the shutter and to replace with the new one. At least that is what needs to be done with the 001015 recessed board that service is doing for a dealer. I don't know if you have to watch out that you don't drop something out of the shutter when you do that.

The factory lists the 001026 for the 210L lens.That is a flat board with 1 hole without the socket.

001121 is the flat board with 1 hole with a socket but so far we have only seen the sockets with the wire connector not the flexible connector.