PDA

View Full Version : I have to share this MOD :)

onnect17
8-Dec-2012, 20:13
Wherever it takes to automate the process... :)

Nathan Potter
8-Dec-2012, 21:54
Wow, sort of resembles the still my childhood buddy had for making whisky by fermenting and distilling pig feed. The sort of thing we need to see more of our inventive youths into.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Denis Pleic
9-Dec-2012, 03:09
Now, that's a Franken-JOBO if I ever saw one :)

Interesting. Any additional info? :)

Sevo
9-Dec-2012, 04:29
Ouch. To add insult to injury, after summing up all pieces it must have cost more than a ATL1000...

ic-racer
9-Dec-2012, 10:37
When It comes to filling and emptying my Jobo, I'm a firm believer in the power of ATP, actin and myosin. :)

Fred L
9-Dec-2012, 11:11
If the Borg Cube met a Jobo, this would be the assimilation lol

Jim C.
9-Dec-2012, 13:34
Nice mod to get some automation, onnect17, is that your mod ?
I can see there might be something attached to the lift arm too.

koh303
14-Dec-2012, 11:52
Just came back from the estate sale where this amazing jobo CPE2 contraption was being sold, some lucky bloke stole it for 100$ - what a great deal - but the reason i am posting about this - it was amazing - 4 chem pumps, 1 circulation pump, 1 drain pump, and a motorized lift attachment with pulleys and wires, connected to a timer, magnetic sensor and all kinds of thermal control in a made of hoses running around. WOW - the guy who built this was a real DIY engineer kind of person from what it looked like... was worth the trip just to see it in real life.

onnect17
20-Dec-2012, 16:45
Hey guys, the "lucky bloke" over here... ;-)

Lucky not because the good deal. Instead, I had the opportunity to gather more information about the life of the owner of the equipment who sadly passed away the last year. His name was Irving Bosinoff and, as many in this area, worked as an engineer in one of the local tech companies.

A man with many hobbies: ham radio, model trains, photography, etc. He spent big part of his life in the basement, or what I would call a "real man's cave", working (between other things) in the automation of the film processing (development). Using a CPE2, a microprocessor board, several pumps and temperature sensors he managed to control the process dynamically (not aware of Jobo doing it)

I take my hat off to him for his work.

Mark Sampson
20-Dec-2012, 18:54
Yeah, looks like a home-made version of a Kreonite, Hope, or Colenta. One thing I absolutely don't miss about the digital revolution is messing around cleaning and maintaining color processors. Someone else can do that now.. thanks, Edgar!

koh303
20-Dec-2012, 19:36
Tell us - have you got the contraption working yet?

onnect17
20-Dec-2012, 20:30
The artifact was quite unsafe, still with color chemicals 20 years old. I had to dismantle the whole thing and clean piece by piece. I will pull the data out the memory (87c51 code) and work on it later on. The pumps are unidirectional so it could not recover any chemical once in the lines so that part was sort of messy.
Even so, the system seems to sample the temperature of the water in 4 or 5 points and the room temperature. Then adjust the time in each step, probably every 5 seconds.
You should post the pictures you took. I'm sure the members will enjoy them.
Here's one of the microprocessor board.