PDA

View Full Version : East Coast LF Group - maybe it can work this time

jantman
4-Apr-2004, 08:35
Well, I believe this is the third time I've started a thread about this. This time, I've resolved to try and actually make it work.

There is no LF group on the East Coast that serves the NY/NJ/surrounding area. So, maybe we could get one started.

If you're interested, just post a message saying that you are, along with when and where you'd like to have a meeting. I'll post the links to the previous threads later. I think the one thing that was hardest to decide on was whether to have a sit-down "meeting" and just talk, or to go on a trip to do some photography - in which case we'd need to agree where to go.

Thanks, Hopefully it will work out this time.

-Jason

jantman
4-Apr-2004, 08:39
Here are the previous threads on this topic, at least the ones I started:

http://largeformatphotography.info/lfforum/topic/496669.html

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=0063mu

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=0052MP

David A. Goldfarb
4-Apr-2004, 09:34
As before, I'm interested, but don't really have time to do any organizing. If there's an event I can get to, I'll try to make it.

George Stewart
4-Apr-2004, 14:48
I'm from Long Island and might be interested.

George

STUART M. ALPART
4-Apr-2004, 14:55
COUNT ME IN. FAIR LAWN , NJ

Alan Barton
4-Apr-2004, 15:19
Based in Philly, Id be very interested

Abe Slamowitz
4-Apr-2004, 16:20
I'm in! Let's get all the people in our area together and really learn from each other. It's worth the try.

Steve Sherman
4-Apr-2004, 19:27
Just today the New England Large Format Collective hosted a presentation by Carl Weese. Carl is a noted Ultra Large Format photographer and author of the book "The New Platinum Print". Approximately 30 Large Format photographers from Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York and New Jersey attended. We posted this event on the various Large Format internet sites including the Azo Forum. Possibly anyone who was in attendence today can offer an independent critique of the event.

The New England Large Format Collective plans on repeating these one day "Free to All" presentations to interested Large Format photographer again in the fall and every three months or so in varying locations. If you would like to be included in our e mail data base please e mail to: NELFC@steve-sherman.com

Greg Miller
5-Apr-2004, 09:48
I'm still interested. I'm in Orange County, NY.

Mark_3899
5-Apr-2004, 12:25
I would be interested. I live in New Brunswick, NJ

Jim Rhoades
5-Apr-2004, 17:45
I'm interested, from Rockaway, NJ

Jon_2416
6-Apr-2004, 01:18
I'm ready here in Brooklyn.

Jason, are you over your irrational fear of Gowanus yet?

:D

Jon

George Losse
6-Apr-2004, 10:06
Jason,

I'm interested. I'm down in South Jersey outside of Philadelphia.

Why not do both, have a sit down session and some shooting time. Have everybody brings a few examples of their work. We can alway find a dinner somewhere, we are talking about NJ/NY area afterall. Either meet their or go there after some shooting time.

Deciding on one place that suits everybody will be tough. Just pick one location to start the ball rolling, and then next time someone else can suggest another location. After a while you'll have hit a number of locations and hopefully something will have been of interest to the different people. But you have to start with the first one.

Linas Kudzma
8-Apr-2004, 08:18
Jason,

I live in Central/Western NJ (Clinton Township). If there was a meeting(s) scheduled somewhere in the NY/NJ area I'd join in if possible.

jantman
8-Apr-2004, 17:38
Thanks for the responses. I'll be away this weekend, but when I get back on Sunday or Monday, I'll post a few ideas for dates and places and see what you guys think.

jantman
13-Apr-2004, 18:28
How do you guys feel about shooting scenics/landscapes somewhere, like maybe in New York state or North/West Jersey?

jantman
21-Apr-2004, 18:04
Anyone like the idea of doing some landscape work? The weather is looking right for it, and stuff is starting to bloom down here in Jersey, so NY State should be in a while.

I'll be up in Rochester this weekend and will check out the scenery on the way.

Jim Grimes
11-Oct-2004, 12:00
I live in Hunterdon County, NJ and am interested in a LF group. Please keep me informed. Thanks.

Steve Sherman
11-Oct-2004, 15:51
Obviously this thread is still active. Has everyone heard about the Michael Smith / Paula Chamlee presentation in Connecticut on Oct. 24th. Event is sponsored by the New England Large Format Photography Collective and is open to any LF photographer from any state. Email NELFPC@steve-sherman.com for more info.

Olivier Nguyen
9-Jun-2005, 21:25
I live in Somervill, NJ . Please keep me post for meeting place and get together

alec4444
29-Sep-2006, 19:05
Taking this concept to the next level. I've created a mailing list on my site that people in the area can subscribe to. I'm new to creating one of these, so please forgive me if it's configured badly...

http://alec.com/mailman/listinfo/northeastlf_alec.com

This gives us the ability to communicate without having to check four or more message boards each day. Go to the above URL and subscribe. I will not sell your email address or do anything stupid....in case you were worried!

Cheers!
--A

Please feel free to spread this around to other places.

Richard A Johnson
29-Sep-2006, 19:34
I'm intrested. Ilive in Newtown Square PA

alec4444
29-Sep-2006, 21:07
Kewl, then please do sign up!