Tony Evans
21-Nov-2012, 11:44
Adorama $35.50/20
B&H +$4.45
Freestyle + $12.47

What's going on?

Jeff Bannow
21-Nov-2012, 11:48
Do you mean why are they all so freaking expensive? :)

I've been ordering it from Adorama lately, for obvious reasons.

David R Munson
21-Nov-2012, 11:50
Holy crap. I'm glad I stocked up last time I was in Japan at closer to $22/box. Which means I need to be sending money to Japan for my friend to buy up large quantities for me.

gevalia
22-Nov-2012, 08:06
Japanexposures.com $48.00 US

Ari
22-Nov-2012, 09:25
Tony, try FilmPlus in Toronto.
I've never ordered Acros from them, just Ektar, and their prices were always reasonable.

Leigh
22-Nov-2012, 13:09
The problem with Adorama is their e-commerce site is not linked to their inventory.
They'll accept your order, then a day or two later send you an email saying that they're out of stock.

B&H has real-time inventory tracking. If they say it's in stock, it is. If it's not, they say so on the web page.

- Leigh

Tony Evans
22-Nov-2012, 13:17
Ari,
Thanks for that. At present they only show Ilford & Kodak.

My post was not so much about the price but the wide variation in price between supposedly competitive suppliers.

Jeff Bannow
22-Nov-2012, 16:44
The problem with Adorama is their e-commerce site is not linked to their inventory.
They'll accept your order, then a day or two later send you an email saying that they're out of stock.

B&H has real-time inventory tracking. If they say it's in stock, it is. If it's not, they say so on the web page.

- Leigh

While I don't doubt you, I've never had this problem myself. I ordered 5 boxes of Acros from them in the last 4 weeks.

Leigh
22-Nov-2012, 17:40
On more than one occasion I've received an email such as the following:

"We're sorry for any inconvenience.
Unfortunately, one or more of the items in your order 9678721 are not in stock, see details below.
We'll ship your order as soon as possible. If you want to cancel your order, please let us know."

In all cases these were for items that were apparently in stock per their website.

Here's the acknowledgement for the order mentioned above. Note that the order number is completely
different from the one on the backorder notice. This seems to be intentional. They use one number
for acknowledging online orders, and a completely different one for subsequent correspondence, making
it very difficult to correlate the email stream.

"Order Number: A2011072016355339556
If you contact us about this order, please include the order number.
If we have any issues with your order, we will contact you to let you know.
We'll email you right before we ship your order to let you know it's coming."

They used to have a rep here, and I corresponded with her about the problem.
She just said that was the way they do things.

Apparently they think this intentional confusion is to their advantage.
I won't buy anything new from Adorama.

- Leigh

Noah B
24-Nov-2012, 01:55
One of my favorite films, only wish it came in 5x7

Tony Evans
27-Nov-2012, 09:13
Freestyle Out of Stock
B&H In Stock
Adorama, called and was told they had only 2 left. I said yes.

Colleen K
27-Nov-2012, 10:52
Don't forget Badger Graphic-$35.99

Freezer
10-Dec-2012, 15:55
Don't forget Badger Graphic-$35.99

x2. They sent me an order of Acros today.

soft-66
13-Dec-2012, 05:31
merci bcp ;)

Gary Tarbert
15-Dec-2012, 18:15

- LeighHi Leigh , I think your right i just ordered some 8x10 Velvia from Adorama , And before i checked out i put an insane amount in my cart and it would have let me check it out . Now i hope they have what i did order and pay for . Regards Gary