PDA

View Full Version : Looking for anti reflection acrylic

John Brady
20-Nov-2012, 10:10
I have heard that there is a reflection free acrylic that doesn't look fuzzy, is fairly scratch resistant and is not outrageously expensive.

I use Larson Juhl as my supplier and they sell tru vue brand. They have Optium museum acrylic but at $780 per sheet that one won't work for me.

Tru vue's reflection free acrylic is the typical fuzzy look.

When I can use glass I love the tru vue ultra vue but I do pretty large framed pieces and I haul them to art shows so glass isn't a good option.

I know I have talked to someone about this new product or read about it but can't remember where and my research isn't turning anything up. All help will be appreciated!

www.timeandlight.com

Leigh
20-Nov-2012, 11:00
Call Precision Plastics in Beltsville, Maryland. Talk to Oliver (the owner). I don't know if they'll have what you want or not.

They have a huge inventory. The business fills half of a gigantic building in an industrial park.

- Leigh

Sal Santamaura
20-Nov-2012, 11:20
I recently obtained some Tru Vue Optium Acrylic (AR coated) cut to 11x14 from these folks. Not inexpensive, but cheaper than buying an entire sheet. Check here:

http://www.preservationglazing.com/contact.html

Drew Wiley
20-Nov-2012, 11:25
There are only so many ways you can make the stuff. You either need a pattern on the
surface to scatter glare, which will affect clarity, or you have to optically coat it, which
is inherently darn expensive.

John Brady
20-Nov-2012, 14:28
Thanks for the replies! This new material is supposed to have a film applied to it? Wish I could remember where I heard about it...