PDA

View Full Version : Old 8x10 ortho film

3graces
20-Nov-2012, 09:54
Does anyone know where I can find some old 8x10 ortho/litho film? I really liked the Kodak ortho film, but have also used some others whose names I've forgotten, several of them had an unusually thick base.... I'll try anything, esp if it's way out of date. Tried the new Arista ortho that Freestyle is selling but found it problematic ( odd solarization, and quite techy about exposure/development)... has anyone else worked successfully with it as a primary film , ie shooting with it, not using it for copy work? Appreciate any help on this.

premortho
20-Nov-2012, 19:28
The only one I know of on a reasonably thick base anymore is Ilford Ortho Plus, which is rated at ASA80/40. It is not easy to find in 8X10, but there is some out there. If you decide you like it, you may want to figure out how much you want to use a year and order it from Ilford in June. That way you'll be sure to get it. I have'nt tried the new Arista Ortho yet, but I had great luck with their old ortho film. I exposed it at ASA 20 and developed it in Dectol Film, Plate, and Paper developer. Usually at 24 to 1, one shot, 7-8 minutes.