PDA

View Full Version : Lee Big Stoppers on the dreaded auction site - bogus or the real deal?

joelio
18-Nov-2012, 12:30
Hey all -

The title says it all - are these sales to be trusted? Or am I playing with fire / bootleg junk?

Thanks!

- Joel

RawheaD
18-Nov-2012, 13:14
You mean the ones that are going for $40 more than the retail price? Why would they be bootleg? :D

Sevo
18-Nov-2012, 13:20
If joelio does not see some offers hidden to me, I tend to agree - all the offers I can see are at or above the regular shop prices.

joelio
18-Nov-2012, 13:58
If joelio does not see some offers hidden to me, I tend to agree - all the offers I can see are at or above the regular shop prices.

It's not the price that raises my suspicion - it's the fact that they have them! How do these guys stock what the big guys can't?

RawheaD
18-Nov-2012, 14:01
Have you considered the possibility that the very reason why the big guys never have these in stock is *because* these guys (on Ebay) hoard them to make profits by reselling them at marked up prices?

joelio
18-Nov-2012, 14:50
Have you considered the possibility that the very reason why the big guys never have these in stock is *because* these guys (on Ebay) hoard them to make profits by reselling them at marked up prices?

Those gremlins! :)

Cletus
19-Nov-2012, 07:52
I tend to agree with the 'little guy stockpiling' theory. New Lee stuff has been notoriously hard to come by pretty much since digital really took hold on the markets and most of their desirable stuff is on perpetual backorder with the 'Big Guys'.

eBay is one source for overpriced Lee filters, holders and paraphernalia, but you might try "2Filter.com" and get lucky. They are a smaller filter distributor and often stock Lee stuff that the NY houses don't. They also tend to have Hi-tech and a few other brands that are comparable (and less expensive) then Lee if you just can't wait, or don't want to support the ebay highway robbers.

joelio
19-Nov-2012, 09:44
Thanks for the tip - I would rather buy it from one of the little guys than one of the big guys than one of the scoundrels on the auction site. :)

Sideshow Bob
19-Nov-2012, 10:07
I just bought one from 2Filter(http://www.2filter.com/index.htm) for $159. Took a week to get it.

Mr.Gale

joelio
20-Nov-2012, 01:45
I just bought one from 2Filter(http://www.2filter.com/index.htm) for $159. Took a week to get it.

Mr.Gale

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the info!

RawheaD
20-Nov-2012, 01:50
Great info; thanks! Just placed an order myself.