PDA

View Full Version : Old Linhof, old lens and shutter

Cesar Barreto
24-Mar-2004, 21:53
Just came in my hands an old Linhof, 9x12cm, flat-bed, Graflex-look-like, with a f/4,5, 16,5cm Jos. Schneider & Co Kreusnach nº 65,962, mounted on a Compur shutter without any other ID. On Schneider site, at vintage lens page, they show 150 and 180mm lenses, not a word about 165mm. And I couldn't find anything about the camera itself. It's such a beautiful camera and I would like to learn more about it. I'd would be pleased if somebody had a hint about it's history. Thank you all.

Michael S. Briggs
24-Mar-2004, 22:32
Using the serial number table at Schneider's website, http://www.schneideroptics.com/info/age_of_lenses/, the lens is from the early 1920s. The info in the vintage lens area of the website on mostly or exclusively on post-WWII lenses, which explains why you didn't find your lens there. The lens doesn't have any lens-type name?

Cesar Barreto
25-Mar-2004, 07:23
Sure it has a name, I just forgot to type it. It's a Xenar, mounted on a Compur, don't know which size. Maybe 2 or 3. But I'm also curious about the camera, as I haven't found anything about it. It's really beautiful, all black finished, but works only with single plate holders. It has front shift, rise and backwards tilt, and some tilt also in the back, as the bed drops about 20º. Is there any site or forum specialized on Linhof, like Graflex, Leica, etc?

Bob Salomon
25-Mar-2004, 07:37
Sounds like you have the old Linhof Medezin which was made from the mid 30s to the middle of WW 2.