PDA

View Full Version : Forte film dev.

Emrehan Zeybekoglu
24-Mar-2004, 00:45
Hello, Could anyone possibly indicate if and how I can develop Forte 200 in Kodak Xtol? Thanks in advance..

Bulent Ozgoren
24-Mar-2004, 02:13
Emrehan. Could you please indicate film size?

Bob._3483
24-Mar-2004, 04:02
Try the Massive Dev Chart at http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.html. It has times for Fortepan 200 in Xtol. "How" you develop it is up to you: dishes, BTZS tubes, Jobo processor, Unicolor drum, daylight tank, and many more options. Check the main site of this forum (http://www.largeformatphotography.info) for several suggestions.

Note that any times you are given will only be approximate for your processing methods and film exposure and should be taken only as a starting point. Also, the times for intermittent agitation development will need reducing if you use continuous agitation, such as with any of the rotary methods (as an indication, Ilford suggest reducing times by "up to 15%" for their films in rotary processors - Jobo suggests a 5 minute pre-soak followed by development for the same time as intermittent agitation).

This should get you close - you need to test for your own times once the excitement of just getting something that works wears off!

Cheers,

Ed Burlew
24-Mar-2004, 05:16
I used the forte 200 in 8x10 and rated it at 100 and the lab developed it like tri-x in xtol and the results were fantastic!

Emrehan Zeybekoglu
24-Mar-2004, 06:50
"Emrehan. Could you please indicate film size?"

Hi Bülent, my question is for both 4x5 and 35mm rated at ASA 200. Thanks..

Bulent Ozgoren
24-Mar-2004, 15:27
Hi Emrehan I am currently testing Fortepan 100 and 200 in 35mm and Fortepan 200 in 4x5". I have in the past used XTol with erratic results and will never touch the stuff again. I have used PMK for few years and recently switched to Pyrocat-HD and I am extremely happy with the change. My prime choice of film is FP4+. As for Fortepan 200 in 35mm with Pyrocat, I developed using intermittent agitation and I am not pleased with the results - too grainy and muddy. I have not yet finished testing Fortepan 100 35mm but I have seen some good results from others. I am happy with Fortepan 200 in 4x5", rotary - Jobo continuous agitation. I got EI: 160 in Pyrocat-HD 1:1:100 20C 7' 30", silver printing with cold light head. Good luck.

Emrehan Zeybekoglu
24-Mar-2004, 15:47
Thanks to all of you who have taken the time to respond.