PDA

View Full Version : Paterson color paper processor info

bracan
31-Oct-2012, 04:01
Hello everybody,
Does anybody is familiar with Paterson color paper processor?
I dont get it how to load paper in, what is for that white plastic stand? In fact I want to try 8x10 neg developing with this tank:)

82803 82804

Thanks

Braca

bracan
31-Oct-2012, 07:44
Nobody?!?

Drew Wiley
31-Oct-2012, 08:12
That appears to simply be a manual rotation device for the drum. You could also just gently roll the drum down the sink and back for the correct amt of time to achieve proper
agitation. In either case the real problem is maintaining the specific temp of chemicals inside the drum.

bracan
31-Oct-2012, 08:22
I just dont know what is for that white piece of plastic which is in the tank...How I operate with paper/film and that white plastic (consist of two white plastic stripes and connected to each other)...

bracan
31-Oct-2012, 13:38
Urgent! Help!
Nobody knows what is for white plastics inside the tank?

bracan
1-Nov-2012, 07:12
Bump for help!

Roger Thoms
1-Nov-2012, 09:28
Are those plastic strips even for the tank? Do the say Patterson any where on them? If you are certain they go with use tank maybe try contacting Patterson.

Roger

bracan
1-Nov-2012, 14:19
Yes, there are inside the tank, some kind of holder.

Pete Watkins
1-Nov-2012, 14:28
Patterson are still in buisness here in the UK. They might be able to help if you contact them.
Pete.

bracan
2-Nov-2012, 05:09
Still waiting answer from Paterson...

Drew Wiley
2-Nov-2012, 08:14
Admittedly a wild guess - but looks like it might have been something to control the depth
at which the drum was loaded. Perhaps there was some auxilliary reel holder or something
like that which could be loaded into the main drum.

alef_fela
3-Nov-2014, 05:37
I found one of these in the club's darkroom, and decided to use it for developing paper negatives. On the box it says it could process up to one 11x14, or two 5x7 prints.

After going through the same confusion as the OP, I think found what the strip is for, it's a spacer to separate two 5x7 prints. It needs to be assembled as seen in the second picture, ie to make two bends, small one within the large one to make an A, with ribs facing outwards. Then it's inserted into the tank so the A is standing on the bottom (ribs are lined parallel to the axis of rotation). This way, two 5x7 papers can be inserted, 5" side curved, and 7" side lengthwise.

jb7
3-Nov-2014, 05:47
I just dont know what is for that white piece of plastic which is in the tank...How I operate with paper/film and that white plastic (consist of two white plastic stripes and connected to each other)...

I have a Paterson Print Drum, not here, unfortunately- my one is the Thermo Drum, for colour printing, and comes with a tempering bath. I even have the optional battery driven motor...
It's designed to take two 8x10's, or 4 5x7's using separator strips wedged inside the tank. I've used it to develop C41 8x10, it's very reliable-

Although of a different design, that white spring piece looks like it could be used to separate smaller sized materials in the tank.

jb7
3-Nov-2014, 05:48
Damn, two year old thread, beaten to the answer by 10 minutes...
If only I hadn't answered the phone...

alef_fela
3-Nov-2014, 06:03
cosmic! :)

steveo
10-Nov-2014, 03:37
I found one of these in the club's darkroom, and decided to use it for developing paper negatives. On the box it says it could process up to one 11x14, or two 5x7 prints.

After going through the same confusion as the OP, I think found what the strip is for, it's a spacer to separate two 5x7 prints. It needs to be assembled as seen in the second picture, ie to make two bends, small one within the large one to make an A, with ribs facing outwards. Then it's inserted into the tank so the A is standing on the bottom (ribs are lined parallel to the axis of rotation). This way, two 5x7 papers can be inserted, 5" side curved, and 7" side lengthwise.

I've been using one for the last few months to do 4x5. As you've deduced the white spring is a spacer to stop the media getting stuck togeather. One thing I found is that it can leak very badly for no apparent reason, I lost about 80ml in 8 minutes. I've put some PTFE thread tape around the top and that seems to keep the developer mostly contained.

alef_fela
12-Nov-2014, 05:30
Is the white gasket present? It's seen mounted on the tank in second picture, but it's a loose piece and could be lost easily, I think it seals the tank when screwed down.

steveo
12-Nov-2014, 06:22
Yeah gasket is in place, I do wonder if its shrunk over time or if its just always been a slightly rubbish design.