PDA

View Full Version : Zone VI Enlarger question - lens boards

stawastawa
30-Oct-2012, 15:28
Greetings,

I am setting up type 1 and type 2 enlargers, but we are missing lens boards.

Would anyone be so kind as to take some pictures of the hardware needed and provide a brief explination so that we can then go manufacture the needed hardware.

Looking at the 5x7 (type 1?) enlarger we have a round disk with three screw holes. A second plastic piece with matching screw holes has a oval type cut out in it and appears to mount below the disc. We think the lens board would go in the cut out of the plastic piece, but we have not found any reference images...

Your help is greatly appreciated,

~Nicholas

Gem Singer
30-Oct-2012, 16:03
Have you contacted the Calumet tech. dept.?

There is a remote possibility that they still have lens boards for the Zone VI enlargers in stock.

(BTW, don't even bother asking a Calumet sales person. Ask to speak directly to the tech. dept.)

ROL
30-Oct-2012, 17:01
Type II:

RANGE OF LIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY | TECHNIQUES | TECHNICAL MANUALS –> Zone VI Enlarger Installation Manual (http://www.rangeoflightphotography.com/Technical%20Manuals/Z%20VI%20Enlarger%20Installation%20Manual.pdf)

stawastawa
30-Oct-2012, 17:23
aha! for the type I it looks like just the circular disc is needed, though we may need to make some with different sized holes....

thanks,

still looking for how the Type I works...
(i'll give Calumet a call)

Type II:

RANGE OF LIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY | TECHNIQUES | TECHNICAL MANUALS –> Zone VI Enlarger Installation Manual (http://www.rangeoflightphotography.com/Technical%20Manuals/Z%20VI%20Enlarger%20Installation%20Manual.pdf)

lenser
30-Oct-2012, 18:47
Nick, The type 1 boards were like a circle with two opposing sides cut off. That shape matches the opening for the enlarger lens board mount so all you do is insert the board and rotate, then lock in in place with finger screws. I have the schematic of the type 1 boards and will try to forward it tomorrow night. I see the type 2 boards in an old Calumet catalog. They obviously bayonet into place by matching keyhole shaped slots with some sort of pins on the enlarger.

Payral
31-Oct-2012, 01:13
Here is an image from a Zone VI Type II lensboard I did some time ago.
I hope it will help.

stawastawa
31-Oct-2012, 09:33
Thank you so much Phillipe!

Here is an image from a Zone VI Type II lensboard I did some time ago.
I hope it will help.

lenser
31-Oct-2012, 18:20
8283682836Schematic for the Zone VI type 1 lens board

neil poulsen
1-Nov-2012, 06:22
Out of curiosity, why both the Type 1 and Type 2?

stawastawa
1-Nov-2012, 20:38
Two were donated to CU Boulder and we are setting them up for students to use!

Out of curiosity, why both the Type 1 and Type 2?

lenser
2-Nov-2012, 12:29
Nicholas,

Here is the schematic for the 4x5 negative carrier. You only need to change the dimension for the actual film size (actual, not stated) to make any carrier you need. This one is set up to use the water jet to increase the opening from "4x5" to "5x7". The existing pins will be reset to maintain the film registration or we will make new ones.

Tony Lakin
2-Nov-2012, 13:23
Hi
I have a first version Zone VI enlarger, one of the grids has packed in and where I live I have absolutely no chance of a repair therefore all the parts are for sale, I have three negative carriers 6x6, 35mm and 4x5, I also have four lensboards, 1 has a 39mm hole (no thread) 1 has a 39mm threaded flange fitted, 1 has a 50mm threaded flange fitted and 1 is sunk with a 39mm thread.

I would let all this go for a modest price but the shipping from the Isle Of Man to the USA would be quite expensive, if anyone is interested in these or any other of the parts let me know and I will post or send some photos and provide more details.