PDA

View Full Version : Marcellus Shale Documentary Project show opens in Pittsburgh, PA

Noah A
29-Oct-2012, 09:06
I’m very honored to have been able to work with photographers Nina Berman, Brian Cohen, Scott Goldsmith, Lynn Johnson, and Martha Rial and organizer Laura Domencic on the Marcellus Shale Documentary Project.

The show has opened in Pittsburgh and will remain open through January, at which time it will travel to Philadelphia and other cities.

My contribution was a series of landscapes as well as portraits of those affected by the gas boom currently underway in Pennsylvania. The goal of the project, as stated in the official blurb, is to tell stories, through photographic images, of how the lives of Pennsylvanians have been and may continue to be affected by the Marcellus Shale Gas Industry. By creating a visual document of the environmental, social and economic impact of drilling, the work will engage communities in the current Marcellus debate while providing important historical images for the future.

http://pittsburgharts.org/marcellus-shale-documentary-project

Walter Calahan
29-Oct-2012, 10:56
Congratulations!

Kirk Gittings
29-Oct-2012, 11:02
Good for you! The images look compelling and a very timely subject.

Richard Wasserman
30-Oct-2012, 08:23
Looks like a very interesting show Noah, and a very important topic. Congratulations to you and all involved.

Drew Wiley
30-Oct-2012, 08:33
Congrats! A timely documentary project, though I don't envy who will have to repeat it a
few decades later after groundwater poisoning has spread far and wide and the health
effects start seriously showing up. One wonders just how safely these kinds of massive extraction processes can be done without any long-term study precedent. Guess that today's get-rich-quick population will be tommorrow's guinea pigs to find out.