PDA

View Full Version : Need lens board #00 5x5" for Technika III 5x7" and hood for SA 8/90 (67mm)

Honkytonky
27-Oct-2012, 07:46
Urgent!
I need a Linhof lens board for my Schneider Kreuznach Super-Angulon 1:8/90mm in Compur #00 shutter.
It should fit my Tech III (5x7" - 13x18) and measures 5x5" (129x129x2mm) with a hole for #00 (1" - 25.4mm).
I also need a hint, which hood you'd take for this wide angle lens (67mm).
I already asked skgrimes, b&h, adorama and all these, but they all just have 4x4 boards for 4x5" Techs.

Regards
Frank

BTMarcais
28-Oct-2012, 11:12
I don't have one available, (using all of mine on my tech IV), but they're just flat boards with a small notch cut in the center of the bottom side. A friend of mine made me a couple out of old trashed street signs- any flat aluminum will do.
They are NOT the easiest boards to find, but don't seem too difficult to make.
(if you can't find one, I'll see if I can get my friend to make one for you, let me know and I'll find out pricing)

-Brian

Len Middleton
28-Oct-2012, 12:00
Frank,

If you have been registered for the requisite 30 days on this site, you can put up a WTB in the classified section.

Otherwise you might find this thread moved or deleted, according to the forum rules.

Len

Honkytonky
29-Oct-2012, 04:14
Frank,

If you have been registered for the requisite 30 days on this site, you can put up a WTB in the classified section.
Otherwise you might find this thread moved or deleted, according to the forum rules.

Len

Sorry, I didn't know that - my fault...

Honkytonky
29-Oct-2012, 04:19
I don't have one available, (using all of mine on my tech IV), but they're just flat boards with a small notch cut in the center of the bottom side. A friend of mine made me a couple out of old trashed street signs- any flat aluminum will do.
They are NOT the easiest boards to find, but don't seem too difficult to make.
(if you can't find one, I'll see if I can get my friend to make one for you, let me know and I'll find out pricing)

-Brian

Sounds good!
But the boards for Tech III (5x7") are about 5/64" (2mm) strong.
If your friend REALLY wants to manufacture these boards, maybe I could order three of them?
Copal #00, #0 and #1?
I would pay in advance by paypal, please email: FrankGosebruch@gmx.net

BTMarcais
29-Oct-2012, 21:04
Let me get in touch with Ross (might take a few days if he's busy with any work projects) and I'll put him in touch with you. I'd keep looking in the meantime though.
He's machined a few interesting things for me before- boards for an old pre war 6.5x9 technika, and a recessed board for a beseler enlarger so I could use a 30mm enlarging lens for my minox negs to name a couple. I haven't seen him in a few weeks though, so be patient.
-Brian.

DrTang
30-Oct-2012, 07:16
I don't have one available, (using all of mine on my tech IV), but they're just flat boards with a small notch cut in the center of the bottom side.

I don't think the tech III's have that notch..tech IV's do ..Tech III's have a slight 'offset' or thinning of the back of board at the top and bottom about the last 1/8" however

BTMarcais
30-Oct-2012, 19:48
I received some boards from a tech III user that DO have that notch... not sure if they were later boards or not though. Works fine in my IV anyway..., and apparently in his III also.
-Brian